• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stewards forcibly removing anything anti-Ron today

Would anyone be able to explain the assault part in that article?

It’s difficult to support these protests and their motivations when the people creating them in the present and in the past aren’t truthful, civil or convincing in their alternatives to Martin.

Why should I support your 50+1 ideas on ownership, when the people protesting (and I guess wanting a say on how the club is run?) have a history of assaulting staff in the stands and the pitch, as well as shouting abuse at Collymore in person and OBL on twitter, for example…

The article clearly explains why the banners are not being allowed in referencing the events of last year resulting in injury to spectators and staff, and banning orders.

Then someone from the fan group this year on twitter threatened another pitch invasion and said its going to be ugly!! And then we wonder why the club wants to prevent it....and as per LeedsSUFC given other behaviours the only surprise can be that people are surprised.

Meanwhile whist we get exercised by banners and flag waving does any one know about the relative trivia of whether the club owners SEL were wound up in court this morning??

Oh the irony of the 'no banners' edict being enforced by some of the very people that the protests are designed to help and who Martin is fleecing.
It is a bit funny isn't it! If I were a unpaid steward or a constantly being paid late steward I would appreciate the fans trying to help, especially when said fans raised over 20k for them. You'd think they might be a bit more grateful and look the other way. What's Ron going to do sack them, I highly doubt that he'll have a whole new team ready and waiting to come in for zero pounds.

If every single one of the 5k plus crowd took a concealed banner in, then I would like to see security trying to remove all those

It is a bit funny isn't it! If I were a unpaid steward or a constantly being paid late steward I would appreciate the fans trying to help, especially when said fans raised over 20k for them. You'd think they might be a bit more grateful and look the other way. What's Ron going to do sack them, I highly doubt that he'll have a whole new team ready and waiting to come in for zero pounds.
Its interesting that the list of targets for displeasure has been rapidly expanding from Ron to fellow fans to Stan and now to the ungrateful staff. I have to say its been a masterclass in how not to unite and pull everyone together...

Its interesting that the list of targets for displeasure has been rapidly expanding from Ron to fellow fans to Stan and now to the ungrateful staff. I have to say its been a masterclass in how not to unite and pull everyone together...
No targeting or expanding anything to the stewards, I just think it's strange, that's all I'm saying. I know of a few staff who have expressed their gratitude. Sorry I'm not fitting into your agenda kid.

Oh the irony of the 'no banners' edict being enforced by some of the very people that the protests are designed to help and who Martin is fleecing.

The security bloke I spoke to doesn't agree. They allowed the banner along the pitch v Eastleigh last season and paid the price v Chesterfield during the next game.

Some of our more 'peaceful' fans took the opportunity to start kicking him through the banner and few sly punches were also thrown. It ended up with someone falling over the wall and having 16 staples in his head.

He seemed in no mood to suffer that again so it is nipped in the bud for both sides safety

Some were claiming it will get ugly on social media so if wasn't stopped there would be a chance of pitch invasions or security walking out. Plus we are on the watch list after recent events v Woking.

The lesson is if your going to protest then do it rather than boast about it beforehand.

The person injured in the melee the article mentions was allegedly injured to the actions of an employee of the security company the club employs who pushed him over a wall to land on his head.

Last edited by a moderator:
The security bloke I spoke to doesn't agree. They allowed the banner along the pitch v Eastleigh last season and paid the price v Chesterfield during the next game.

Some of our more 'peaceful' fans took the opportunity to start kicking him through the banner and few sly punches were also thrown. It ended up with someone falling over the wall and having 16 staples in his head.

He seemed in no mood to suffer that again so it is nipped in the bud for both sides safety

Some were claiming it will get ugly on social media so if wasn't stopped there would be a chance of pitch invasions or security walking out. Plus we are on the watch list after recent events v Woking.

The lesson is if your going to protest then do it rather than boast about it beforehand.

Exactly. Whatever the actual balance is in the club's motivations between safety concerns and making protests harder, the fact is that the events at the Chesterfield game have given them the perfect excuse to ban banners.

Have you watched the video of what actually happened?

The person injured in the melee the article mentions was injured to the actions of an employee of the security company the club employs who pushed him over a wall to land on his head.

Some would say, you wouldn’t land on your head if you aren’t trying to enter the pitch during play… Which is against the law…

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes?

I forget the amount of times I’ve been to Roots Hall and pushed over a wall by a steward myself.

The person injured in the melee the article mentions was injured to the actions of an employee of the security company the club employs who pushed him over a wall to land on his head.
It’s odd how supposed labour members and inequality fighters want to stop protests

Back