• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Statement on OS: HMRC paid in full (28th Feb 2023)

I think the reality is somewhere in between. Whatever it is that's needed, the main points are surely that:

• he doesn't currently have permission to immediately start building exactly what he wants to build;
  • nobody knows when that permission will come or what exactly is holding it up;
  • there is a very good chance that whatever the hold up is will now mean delays to the desired June start date;
  • delays to the June start date means a delay to the release of monies and to recapitalisation of the club;
  • there is also a good chance that the injected capital won't last long enough to cover delays to the project;
  • if the working capital doesn't last long enough to cover delays to the project then we could easily be back in this position sooner than anyone thinks.

It's that simple really.
I don’t think the delegated decision will be long coming at all. The agreed target date for the whole delegated decision process was three months so the bit remaining shouldn’t take long. Further it’s in both club and SCC’s interest to get this moving quickly. I see Anna Firth is now offering to get involved with the Club and SCC to get things moving. Hate to be positive but I genuinely think this will get moving now.

We shall see..

Has Ron Martin actually got any good friends on here or people that support all that he has or hasn’t done to this club, anyone willing to say they support him fully ?
…..Good question. I have long believed that the zone has a number of stooges and plants , (some more cleverly subtle than others) , that are placed here to specifically support Ron, deflect criticism of Ron, deliberately split the fanbase, or at least offer a more sympathetic view of him than history or logic would allow or suggest .
I think I could probably suggest about 6 or 7 regulars , but on the basis of ”innocent until proven guilty“ perhaps now isn’t the time. They often start with something like “I’m no fan of Ron’s, but”……….

Oh dear...a Ron conspiracy theorist!

I am no fan of Ron although I have sometimes spoken up for him. I have done do when I thought a certain point of view needed expressing. I am sure we can agree that he is a property developer who wants to develop the club's assets for his personal profit but where we might disagree is that I do not think he is totally indifferent to the fate of the Club.

I repeat I am no fan of Ron and I certainly not his stooge. I do not know him personally, or, for that matter, anyone else anyone else who posts on here.

I am just a loyal of supporter of nearly seventy years standing who feels he hes the right to express his sincerely held opinion when he chooses.

At this critical stage of the Club's existence you should have better things to do than to try and encourage Ron 'mole' hunts. Your opinion, like mine, is not always right but I would never deny you the opportunity to express it.

Needless to say your insinuation that anyone with an opinion different from yours must be a stooge of Ron's is both intolerant and offensive.

Last edited:
They seem to me to be a very poor run out fit If things dont go there way they throw there toys out of the pram .Yes we owe them 40 grand we also owe the shrimper zone the same amount .Are they thowning threats about because they are still awaiting there money i dont think so .
The other €40k is owed to Shrimpers Trust, not the Zone.

They seem to me to be a very poor run out fit If things dont go there way they throw there toys out of the pram .Yes we owe them 40 grand we also owe the shrimper zone the same amount .Are they thowning threats about because they are still awaiting there money i dont think so .
I suspect that as those more in the know have hinted that the £40k is a mere drop in the ocean to what PG have put in overall and loaned, and lets not forget the sponsorship is more than one year
That all adds up to a large sum that has gone an awful long way to keeping our club a going concern

What if you even had a signed agreement in place as to how things would operate? I would be more than throwing toys out the pram

I wouldnt over knock that level of generosity if we want to stay afloat past the latest CREEP over the line

i found about 6 Bridging loans offering max charge of 0.75% on £5m. That equates to about £10k a week? in interest, although bad, maybe not as high as some illustrations , could have been even more of course without backing sponsorship deals

Lets hope things get sorted quickly with PG Site services for everyone's sake

I think the reality is somewhere in between. Whatever it is that's needed, the main points are surely that:

• he doesn't currently have permission to immediately start building exactly what he wants to build;
  • nobody knows when that permission will come or what exactly is holding it up;
  • there is a very good chance that whatever the hold up is will now mean delays to the desired June start date;
  • delays to the June start date means a delay to the release of monies and to recapitalisation of the club;
  • there is also a good chance that the injected capital won't last long enough to cover delays to the project;
  • if the working capital doesn't last long enough to cover delays to the project then we could easily be back in this position sooner than anyone thinks.
It's that simple really.
There's a lot of assumptions in there - might be right, might not be.

We've seen some movement on the Rochford planning yesterday, could be southend has also seen some - only thing certain is we'll have to wait and see

I suspect that as those more in the know have hinted that the £40k is a mere drop in the ocean to what PG have put in overall and loaned, and lets not forget the sponsorship is more than one year
That all adds up to a large sum that has gone an awful long way to keeping our club a going concern

What if you even had a signed agreement in place as to how things would operate? I would be more than throwing toys out the pram

I wouldnt over knock that level of generosity if we want to stay afloat past the latest CREEP over the line

i found about 6 Bridging loans offering max charge of 0.75% on £5m. That equates to about £10k a week? in interest, although bad, maybe not as high as some illustrations , could have been even more of course without backing sponsorship deals

Lets hope things get sorted quickly with PG Site services for everyone's sake
Just rember they caused problems before on twitter only to retract it .Sorry but if is the way they do bussness .The club could well do without them .Tom has a foot in both camps .So instead of shouting things on twitter .Why did they not speak to Ton directly .

Just rember they caused problems before on twitter only to retract it .Sorry but if is the way they do bussness .The club could well do without them .Tom has a foot in both camps .So instead of shouting things on twitter .Why did they not speak to Ton directly .

The Club couldn’t not do well without them. PG Site Services have helped our club enormously this season.

They’ve truly gone above and beyond to help the Club.

…..Good question. I have long believed that the zone has a number of stooges and plants , (some more cleverly subtle than others) , that are placed here to specifically support Ron, deflect criticism of Ron, deliberately split the fanbase, or at least offer a more sympathetic view of him than history or logic would allow or suggest .
I think I could probably suggest about 6 or 7 regulars , but on the basis of ”innocent until proven guilty“ perhaps now isn’t the time. They often start with something like “I’m no fan of Ron’s, but”……….

You’ve sussed us all out, we are all “stooges and plants” and are on the payroll, thankfully the last couple of days has been a right touch for us as we’ve been paid twice 💰

At least you’ve moved on from mocking mental health issues and accusing anyone who dare even suggest something slightly positive of RM of having mental health issues.

For your own well-being, I’d suggest avoiding the “Thank you Ron Martin” thread…

You really do say some odd things, and this is one of the very best.

There's a lot of assumptions in there - might be right, might not be.

We've seen some movement on the Rochford planning yesterday, could be southend has also seen some - only thing certain is we'll have to wait and see
"Assumptions" makes it sound like it's without foundation. It's not. They're very real possibilities based on the info we do have, and people need to be on their guard and not bury their heads in the sand about them.

Reactions: GBJ
He has full planning permission- he just needs amended planning under a delegated decision. Just saying he doesn’t have planning permission for anything he wants to build is a bit of a stretch to put it mildly.
He’s had full planning permission in the past, at least twice I think over the years and yet still no new stadium.

It might sound simple, just amending the current plans but this is Ron Martin we’re talking about, so won’t be holding my breath for any news on the new stadium in the coming months

Back