• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Statement on OS: HMRC paid in full (28th Feb 2023)

PG don’t ever seem to cover themselves in glory.

Just logout of Twitter and professionally speak to TL when you have an issue. 🙄
They seem to me to be a very poor run out fit If things dont go there way they throw there toys out of the pram .Yes we owe them 40 grand we also owe the shrimper zone the same amount .Are they thowning threats about because they are still awaiting there money i dont think so .

I assume PG were expecting to be told it was resolved, and told when they will get their money back - before the masses were informed. Which is fair enough.
If they were expecting any other inside info then I can’t blame the club (Ron) for not keeping them in the loop - loose cannon.

Players have been paid. HMRC has been paid. We have secured working capital.

Honestly the second sentence is the ONLY one we needed to hear today. The third sentence is very important though.

Let’s enjoy the moment and assume that other creditors such as staff are next in the queue.

Honestly Martin may be a **** of the highest order but for now we still have a club.

I assume PG were expecting to be told it was resolved, and told when they will get their money back - before the masses were informed. Which is fair enough.
If they were expecting any other inside info then I can’t blame the club (Ron) for not keeping them in the loop - loose cannon.
Maybe Tom should have kept them in the loop as well .

They seem to me to be a very poor run out fit If things dont go there way they throw there toys out of the pram .Yes we owe them 40 grand we also owe the shrimper zone the same amount .Are they thowning threats about because they are still awaiting there money i dont think so .

@Cricko, if you’ve got 40 bags to lend to Martin, you simply must increase our wages.

I said all along ron will pay like he always does!! Its the same every year with ron and southend united! For all the idiots on here who actually thought the club wouldn't be here past Saturday need to look at the history of how ron Martin runs the club! Its so so predictable and u must be feeling so stupid now! It will keep happening but the next time for those who feel we need a phoenix club🤣or we need help from other clubs or start broadcasting our club like we are some kind of charity then u need help cause how many times over the years has this happened? Why did u all get so worried when u know Ron always pays.

I said all along ron will pay like he always does!! Its the same every year with ron and southend united! For all the idiots on here who actually thought the club wouldn't be here past Saturday need to look at the history of how ron Martin runs the club! Its so so predictable and u must be feeling so stupid now! It will keep happening but the next time for those who feel we need a phoenix club🤣or we need help from other clubs or start broadcasting our club like we are some kind of charity then u need help cause how many times over the years has this happened? Why did u all get so worried when u know Ron always pays.
Ron paying the taxman isn't the point. He has borrowed money (The club has borrowed money) at astronomic interest and taken on more debt just to survive. Roots Hall is falling apart and Ron doesn't have planning permission for anything he wants to build. This is not sustainable. Something has to give.

Shrimpet Steve the reason we are in such a mess is that he doesn’t always pay.. that’s why we are under a transfer embargo is it not ?

Ron paying the taxman isn't the point. He has borrowed money (The club has borrowed money) at astronomic interest and taken on more debt just to survive. Roots Hall is falling apart and Ron doesn't have planning permission for anything he wants to build. This is not sustainable. Something has to give.
He has full planning permission- he just needs amended planning under a delegated decision. Just saying he doesn’t have planning permission for anything he wants to build is a bit of a stretch to put it mildly.

images.jpeg

He has full planning permission- he just needs amended planning under a delegated decision. Just saying he doesn’t have planning permission for anything he wants to build is a bit of a stretch to put it mildly.
I think the reality is somewhere in between. Whatever it is that's needed, the main points are surely that:

• he doesn't currently have permission to immediately start building exactly what he wants to build;
  • nobody knows when that permission will come or what exactly is holding it up;
  • there is a very good chance that whatever the hold up is will now mean delays to the desired June start date;
  • delays to the June start date means a delay to the release of monies and to recapitalisation of the club;
  • there is also a good chance that the injected capital won't last long enough to cover delays to the project;
  • if the working capital doesn't last long enough to cover delays to the project then we could easily be back in this position sooner than anyone thinks.

It's that simple really.

"The club has full planning permission for a new stadium and outline planning permission for the housing element. A reserved matters application has been submitted seeking full planning permission in relation to some of the housing elements.

There is also a standalone application seeking full planning permission for a smaller new stadium. However, we don’t yet have all the information required from the applicant to determine either application."

The only thing he has full planning permission for is a stadium he doesn't want to build.

Back