• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Statement 05/07/24 Thank You Anna Firth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the idea of a day of thanks. Make the match day a carnival one. We need to thanks the staff who went without pay, people like Stan, the sponsors like PGTips who put cash in to keep us afloat, the political input and there will be other that Tom and a few ITKs will be aware of that we don’t. Also thanks to all the fans, including on this forum, who has given up time to move things on, get the ground ready and broker conversations. It will br a great way to get a buzz going and trial the fanzonr and bring some income in too.

I really like the idea of a day of thanks. Make the match day a carnival one. We need to thanks the staff who went without pay, people like Stan, the sponsors like PGTips who put cash in to keep us afloat, the political input and there will be other that Tom and a few ITKs will be aware of that we don’t. Also thanks to all the fans, including on this forum, who has given up time to move things on, get the ground ready and broker conversations. It will br a great way to get a buzz going and trial the fanzonr and bring some income in too.
Make it the home game vs York

Wonder if we will see Firth at any matches this season?
I think we will, she genuinely caught the bug for watching the shrimpers not just going home games but away games as well!

On a personal note I have worked with her on the campaign trail for her and she was very supportive of my campaigns (all 3 of them) taking time to come out knocking on doors. Politics aside I speak as I find and she’s a genuinely nice woman.

Last edited:
Duddridge is a weasel and I’m glad he’s gone, even if he’s in the same party as me.
He was the classic ‘what’s in it for me’ politician, and that’s something we don’t need no mater what side they are on.

His children attended a local private school......Free of charge.

You never know, the school may need favour some time.

His children attended a local private school......Free of charge.

You never know, the school may need favour some time.

The private school will soon have to pay VAT just like state sixth form colleges and FE colleges have had to do for decades, so maybe such deals are a thing of the past.

What did she actually do? Seems like all her statements didn’t actually say anything and at times even though she was in the room she didn’t really know what was going on.

The only politician I can tell that has done anything really positive is Cllr Cowan who has absolutely smashed it since coming in. And the key thing is if he didn’t come in and we left it with the tories we would likely be dead now.

What did she actually do? Seems like all her statements didn’t actually say anything and at times even though she was in the room she didn’t really know what was going on.

The only politician I can tell that has done anything really positive is Cllr Cowan who has absolutely smashed it since coming in. And the key thing is if he didn’t come in and we left it with the tories we would likely be dead now.
She did loads. If we lived in a more sane and less politically toxic environment, nobody's political leaning would get in the way of acknowledging that.

No point comparing her to DC. They have both helped the club immensely, in different ways, over a period of time.

Also less point in chucking her in with Cox. Only comparison there (and clearly a very important one for some people), is that they are from the same political party. The difference between them in terms of the work they did is pretty stark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back