• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Statement 05/07/24 Thank You Anna Firth

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all liked a photo
I personally was not a fan of her and often called her “ photo opportunity Anna Firth” but she did take up our cause and whether that was for her personal portfolio or not is neither here nor there - the fact is she did support us and for that we should thank her.
Will she still make her entrance in the West arriving late and walking down to the front in her blue coat and pink hat?
They all love a photo opportunity hence the newly re-elected member for Rayleigh is known as Kodak man

Disappointing that some of those who voted red on Thursday can’t let up for just one second, even after a big win. I’ve been nothing but gracious to Mr Cowan because I appreciate his efforts, whatever his politics. I’m not a Tory either for what it’s worth, and I’m grateful to Anna, whatever her motives were.
I'm the same. I couldn't give a monkeys what party they are. Even if I hate the political party they represent. If they put endless hours and effort in helping to save our club, then it should be applauded, and they should be thanked.

Disappointing that some of those who voted red on Thursday can’t let up for just one second, even after a big win. I’ve been nothing but gracious to Mr Cowan because I appreciate his efforts, whatever his politics. I’m not a Tory either for what it’s worth, and I’m grateful to Anna, whatever her motives were.
This 100%, I’m not a Labour man but fully appreciate what Cowan’s done. Too many have blinkers on when it comes to politics and can’t give credit where it’s due.

I take that as another subtle dig towards Anna? If so, it’s not necessary, even if she never sets foot in Roots Hall again she should be applauded for championing our cause. By comparison where was Duddridge?
Planning to retire so he had no need to sell him self for the football fans vote

Politicians of all parties do one of two things - rely on the central party to keep their jobs or to try and use the role they have to actually do something. Cowan and Anna Firth seem to have done the latter - so hats off to the two of them. Thankfully for us they were around and spent the time on our club.
Or curry local favour, cherry picking the local causes which may garner the most votes come re-election

How about a game of thanks ? I’ve said it before … each season one pre season friendly forms part of a rootshall type charity day where fans work at the club in the morning etc etc … invite guests and friends of the club in their darkest days down so on and so on and get a relatively good team to play against … it can be used to raise funds each season for the club or a specific partner or objective make it a flag day and what ever else. And never forgetting our darkest days year on year.

How about a game of thanks ? I’ve said it before … each season one pre season friendly forms part of a rootshall type charity day where fans work at the club in the morning etc etc … invite guests and friends of the club in their darkest days down so on and so on and get a relatively good team to play against … it can be used to raise funds each season for the club or a specific partner or objective make it a flag day and what ever else. And never forgetting our darkest days year on year.
This is exactly the kind of thing we can look at when the takeover goes through. COSU want to put fans more at the centre than we have ever been before and this is the kind of thing that could help for sure.

I think we should take a balanced "both sides" approach and rename the East stand The Anna Firth Stand and the West Stand the Daniel Cowan Stand.

I would also be tempted to go one step further and rename the north bank The Kimura Stand and the south stand The Crate Ron Martin Documentary stand. That way everyone will get their flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back