• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore Statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - so we need some details, either from Stan or the club - feels like we're back being left in the dark.

Oh what a circus...Oh what a show !!!!
Another Zoom call must be on the cards.....Where the great escapologist Rondini reveals 2 of his amazing tricks........Moving the goalposts and Now you see him.,..,now you don't

Don’t forget the sawing the squad in half trick followed by magicking the 2020/21 Tax Bill payment out of an empty hat then the finale...
With a few choice words making his lovely assistant Stanley vanish before your very eyes.

Last edited:
I would have to say that as much as I hoped and prayed for the best, progress at this club all the time Martin is involved, never looks likely.
Martin's tenure at SUFC has been a negative toxic force for some years now, and it would have taken a massive change in his proven way of doing things to allow any significant good news to emerge from the input of SC or anyone else for that matter.

oh well........ back to the ongoing decline and the same old sh*t...... so long as Ron gets his own way though eh ?? So sad that one man can bring our club to such a low point.

unt
I would have to say that as much as I hoped and prayed for the best, progress at this club all the time Martin is involved, never looks likely.
Martin's tenure at SUFC has been a negative toxic force for some years now, and it would have taken a massive change in his proven way of doing things to allow any significant good news to emerge from the input of SC or anyone else for that matter.

oh well........ back to the ongoing decline and the same old sh*t...... so long as Ron gets his own way though eh ?? So sad that one man can bring our club to such a low point.
Until the football side is completely separated as a company from the many property and associated/linked other businesses, nothing will change. He owns the whole thing and can pretty much do whatever he wants. I think the only way he would even consider relinquishing control of the football side is if there was something in it for him financially.
Football clubs are an ideal financial loss making vehicle that suit a businessmen with 50+ linked companies down to the ground. Let it just about tick over, just about survive and write off as much as possible.
Its the equivalent of a life support machine. No soul, no functioning, no progression, no betterment, no development. no curing.
Just about alive.

unt

Until the football side is completely separated as a company from the many property and associated/linked other businesses, nothing will change. He owns the whole thing and can pretty much do whatever he wants. I think the only way he would even consider relinquishing control of the football side is if there was something in it for him financially.
Football clubs are an ideal financial loss making vehicle that suit a businessmen with 50+ linked companies down to the ground. Let it just about tick over, just about survive and write off as much as possible.
Its the equivalent of a life support machine. No soul, no functioning, no progression, no betterment, no development. no curing.
Just about alive.
I'm just wondering when the next winding up petition will be....... just never ending cycle is it with sufc. Other clubs move on with new ownership and fans get that feel good factor and optimism which comes. Sufc, well its just the same depressing state year on year. Quite sad if you ask me.

I'm just wondering when the next winding up petition will be....... just never ending cycle is it with sufc. Other clubs move on with new ownership and fans get that feel good factor and optimism which comes. Sufc, well its just the same depressing state year on year. Quite sad if you ask me.

There lies the problem. The council are under zero pressure to make the stadium happen because many don't want it and even more don't want to see Ron succeed.

So we will will be stuck for quite some time.....Even Poundland are closing in the High street. The whole town needs someone with some vision

Depends if the bank releases the season ticket money over the summer.

unt

Just about alive.

Absolutely true. And it bloody hurts right down to my core. It’s a vessel for corrupt business. Make me so angry. Attracting the lowest of the low. I wouldn’t let most owners look after the best interests of my doormat.

How did football get here?

Stan has reconsidered before and I’m hoping that the two or three parties can get back together to hammer this out...anything true blue and the like can do would be welcome as I feel a kick in the stomach with the news...Not because of misplaced loyalty to Stan but just what he said made sense...not pie in the sky,a former idol promising the earth ...but actual sense. I’m sure Ron wouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth without good reason...unless that reason is ego..his or someone else’s . But if it is that then surely these egos can thrash it out for the greater good...I mean talking and negotiating sorted out Ireland and Palestine didn’t it....oh hang on

Last edited:
There lies the problem. The council are under zero pressure to make the stadium happen because many don't want it and even more don't want to see Ron succeed.

So we will will be stuck for quite some time.....Even Poundland are closing in the High street. The whole town needs someone with some vision
Don't sbc realise sufc only be playing 23 times season. I don't get how it will have massive impact on their lives for new stadium to be built. Surely now with the sweetener of housing coming their way that should prompt them into giving ron the green light.

As fanbase we can hope for the best.

Last edited:
Regardless of what has happened, it always felt a odd move to appoint a manager before getting the CEO and other structure in place.

100%, that person will come in and most of the work done (probably really badly) so they can't make the real proper changes that they might want to for potentially years down the line. They'll still be plenty that can do but we've got everything in the wrong order that's for sure. We should of had a CEO in and starting around 1-2 months ago at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back