• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spotify Music - ShrimperZone United

yep been a big fan for years. can't say i've been into there more recent stuff, but 100 broken windows is in my top10 favourite albums. awesome live too

considering i didnt listen to most of their albums before 'remote part' as i was too young i have since bought them and i think they are brilliant 100 broken windows is definatly one fo the better ones. They have a new album out in april sometime i think :)

dunno what's happened to the playlist but loads of songs have disappeared

Dunno if spotify just broke, or if someone is being a idiot

It might be down to this:

Some important changes to the Spotify music catalogue
January 28, 2009

Next week we are going to be making some changes to our music catalogue that we feel are important to communicate clearly. Unfortunately we are going to be removing a number of songs from our catalogue and adding country restrictions to some tracks, which may make them unplayable for you.

Why are we doing this?

The changes are being made so that we implement all the proper restrictions that are required by our label deals. Some tracks will be restricted from play in certain countries, this means that if you share tracks with friends who are in other countries it’s possible that they won’t be able to listen to them. The reason for this is that our agreements contain strict rules as to what tracks can and can’t be played in various countries that we are now capable of implementing. These restrictions are a legacy from when most music was sold on tapes and CDs and they have continued over into streaming music, our hope is that one day restrictions like this will disappear for good.

Additionally, some of the music that has been delivered to us had been delivered by mistake even though the artist did not want their music to be included in a streaming service. In order to respect the decisions of the artist we now have to remove those tracks. We have not lost any licenses and no labels have stopped working with us, this is just a matter of updating our catalogue to be in line with the agreements we actually have. In hindsight it would have been better to remove this in October when we launched publicly, we realize this now and apologize to you for not doing it sooner.

How will this affect you?

A number of the tracks that you’ve listened to previously will no longer be available for streaming, these tracks have already been removed from the search function. If you have some of these songs in playlists we will try to automatically replace those songs with versions from albums that we are not removing so you don’t lose the song. If there is no replacement available then the song will appear in red on your playlists.

What’s next?

From this point on there are no plans to remove any more music and our catalogue will only grow from here. We already have music from all the major labels and a vast majority of the independent labels licensed, between them we have millions of tracks that we still can add into Spotify. Now it’s a matter of importing that music into our system, which we are doing on an ongoing basis in an effort to add thousands of albums a week. We continue to work hard to sign deals with more labels and will work with the labels we have signed to fill the holes in our catalogue.

Our dream is to create a music experience where users can play whatever music they want, whenever they want, it may take awhile but we will keep working at it. Please feel free to leave any questions you may have on the blog or join the conversation on our forum if you require more information.

It might be down to this:

Some important changes to the Spotify music catalogue
January 28, 2009

Next week we are going to be making some changes to our music catalogue that we feel are important to communicate clearly. Unfortunately we are going to be removing a number of songs from our catalogue and adding country restrictions to some tracks, which may make them unplayable for you.

Why are we doing this?

The changes are being made so that we implement all the proper restrictions that are required by our label deals. Some tracks will be restricted from play in certain countries, this means that if you share tracks with friends who are in other countries it’s possible that they won’t be able to listen to them. The reason for this is that our agreements contain strict rules as to what tracks can and can’t be played in various countries that we are now capable of implementing. These restrictions are a legacy from when most music was sold on tapes and CDs and they have continued over into streaming music, our hope is that one day restrictions like this will disappear for good.

Additionally, some of the music that has been delivered to us had been delivered by mistake even though the artist did not want their music to be included in a streaming service. In order to respect the decisions of the artist we now have to remove those tracks. We have not lost any licenses and no labels have stopped working with us, this is just a matter of updating our catalogue to be in line with the agreements we actually have. In hindsight it would have been better to remove this in October when we launched publicly, we realize this now and apologize to you for not doing it sooner.

How will this affect you?

A number of the tracks that you’ve listened to previously will no longer be available for streaming, these tracks have already been removed from the search function. If you have some of these songs in playlists we will try to automatically replace those songs with versions from albums that we are not removing so you don’t lose the song. If there is no replacement available then the song will appear in red on your playlists.

What’s next?

From this point on there are no plans to remove any more music and our catalogue will only grow from here. We already have music from all the major labels and a vast majority of the independent labels licensed, between them we have millions of tracks that we still can add into Spotify. Now it’s a matter of importing that music into our system, which we are doing on an ongoing basis in an effort to add thousands of albums a week. We continue to work hard to sign deals with more labels and will work with the labels we have signed to fill the holes in our catalogue.

Our dream is to create a music experience where users can play whatever music they want, whenever they want, it may take awhile but we will keep working at it. Please feel free to leave any questions you may have on the blog or join the conversation on our forum if you require more information.

I wondered that too, a fair few bands have dropped out now, which is disappointed but not surprising. However my other playlists seem to be ok, it's just the ShrimperZone one that's broken. Get sticking some tunes in it!

bump!

Spotify is now open to any UK citizen, no invites needed. If you haven't downloaded it then get involved! It's been quiet on the SZ playlist, i've added a couple of tunes

Just added a couple. No Pink Floyd there, but got Wish you were Here - David Gilmour so not all bad. Also some early Prodigy, Out of Space.

Sorry chaps

Whoever put Droppin' Rhymes on Drums - Def Jam in there, quality shout, thats being added to my personal collection :)

I'm seeing nothing on the list right now.

bummer, seems either Spotify broke, or someone is being a muppet and deleting it. it's happened a couple of times now.

I'll drop some tunes in today.

Keep up the good work people,

What can I do about the music that isn't availible in the UK? Im new to all this Spotify stuff.
Nothing as far as I know. They only let you listen to music that they have agreed on with record labels I believe. For me thats 90% of everything I've typed.

As things have been emptied I'll add a few in.

Around the World - Daft Punk
Lady (Hear Me Tonight) - Modjo
Changes - 2pac

Liking the corrs as a one off, decent band.

Nothing as far as I know. They only let you listen to music that they have agreed on with record labels I believe. For me thats 90% of everything I've typed.

As things have been emptied I'll add a few in.

Around the World - Daft Punk
Lady (Hear Me Tonight) - Modjo
Changes - 2pac

Liking the corrs as a one off, decent band.

god Fred, you're obsessed with Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is aren't you! I'll drop in the original, although the Tupac version is the ultimate. Saw Bruce Hornsby a couple of years ago at the Bloomsbury Theatre and he was brilliant

Back