• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Spain v England UEFA Euro 2024 Final. 20:00hrs 14th July 2024

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
So here we go again. You can just never trust an England side to do what you they think they will.

All the way through this competition the majority of England supporters and the media have been ultra critical of Southgate and his team, and, after their earlier performances, there was some merit in those comments. However, us 'experts' just don't know what we don't know, and now we are just one game away from winning the whole competition.

Normal pre-match stuff here please, and may the best England team win.

1720673138758.png

Last edited:
Shaw has to start if he's fit enough in my opinion. Trippier is always cutting onto his right when he gets the ball in crossing positions. And how many times has he been caught offside in this tournament?

That's the only change I'd make, even though Kane was pretty ineffective again last night (bar the penalty).

I've voted for the other team in the last two pre-match threads so maybe I should do the same again 😅

One thing worth pointing out is that The Netherlands are currently ahead of Spain in the FIFA world rankings. It therefore wouldn't surprise me if we lose as we do tend to struggle against the lesser teams.
Is England officially a better team than Spain? Fact?

I honestly don't think world rankings matter at all where this game is concerned. Both teams have strengths and weaknesses and it will be the side that wants it the most at the end of the day. I've backed England and Southgate for the entire competition and I'm not reneging now. With our resilience I'm convinced we will find a way to win, though I don't have a scoobie what the score will be.

Way we have been playing and more to the point managed is shocking.

Spain are no mugs and we can’t afford to like usual go a goal down before the players wake the **** up.

Of course I hope England win but the quicker Southgate is gone the better whether we win or lose the final.

Last edited:
Way we have been playing and more to the point managed is shocking.

Spain are no mugs and we can’t afford to like usual to a goal down before the players wake the **** up.

Of course I hope England win but the quicker Southgate is gone the better whether we win or lose the final.
I am no fan of Boregate at all, but i guess he deserves some praise. I think we have got to the final despite him not because of him and i to would be glad to see the back of him, win or lose. His style of play ruins football.

I am no fan of Boregate at all, but i guess he deserves some praise. I think we have got to the final despite him not because of him and i to would be glad to see the back of him, win or lose. His style of play ruins football.
I’ve never doubted General Southgate, he’s my Bally hero. “hussar”

Back