• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southgate resigns - Who next for the England Manager's job?

Who next for the England Manager's job. Southgate Resigns.

• Total voters
always thought it would be a yes man shame really, but thats your sweet FA. Talk about someone with experience managing a national team and with an attacking intent you have one and a very good manager but with clubs and country ,managing in the premier league ,his problem though is he is not a yes man but very good at man management .Doubt very much he would take the job if asked though. Took his countries national side to the world cup finals too .

I don't really know much about Carsley but it sounds like he's got a very good reputation with the u21s and favours attacking football so he could be the FA's man. Plus he will have the advantage of already knowing a few of our younger players.

Think it will be Carsley,he knows the set up....and could have taken another job this year but decided to stay with the FA...did he suspect something!!
Not GS greatest fan...but he done really,really well in many things and i thank him for that.
Not surprised he has now left,but somewhat sad.
The FA must get this next appointment correct....but we all know the FA (FA)...so im not holding my breath.
Thanks GS for a load of happy memories...but as we expect from England, it ALWAYS ends in tears.
That final 10-15% from GS tactics failed/missing which was so sad...but thanks again and i wish you all the best in the future....other than if you become a manager of another international team and play England or a league manager and play Southend...Wish you the best of British

I love and hate the thought of Klopp equally. Wouldn’t be disappointed but can’t see it happening. And I’m not convinced Eddie will leave Newcastle. Is the national team really a job you can’t turn down nowadays if you have a decent Premier League job?

I think we’ll get Potter and I’d be really happy with that. Tactically he’s brilliant and I loved watching his Brighton sides. Pochettino’s struggles show he probably wasn’t the great failure at Chelsea some make him out to be.

Carsley would also be another good appointment. Southgate has shown that sometimes the man you need isn’t always the man you want. But his under-21’s football has been excellent and follows in the Southgate mould.

I’m leaning towards Carsley now. I think we need to choose coaches within the England set-up from now on, especially as our youngsters will be familiar with his style of play and give him respect.

Admittedly I’d be happy with Howe too but my one fear is that the bigger names in the squad may not take to him.

I think the FA should also consider gathering some of the senior players to ask them for feedback.

Do I give a flying **** whether the Spanish supporters are dancing in the streets or cheering their returning team? No I do not. BBC, stop rubbing salt in the wound and get on with broadcasting relevant stuff. (relevant stuff is anything other than Spaniards celebrating).
Rhey were full of it thr other dsy , live coverage on the national news (TV1) of rhe team bus's parade through Madrid to the fountain in Cibeles.(The Catalans famously don't follow the Spanish team athough there are Bar$a players in it )

Last edited:
Rhey were full of it thr other dsy , live coverage on the national news (TV1) of rhe team bus's parade through Madrid to the fountain in Cibeles.(The Catalans famously don't follow the Spanish team athough there are Bar$a players in it )
I love that you edited it and it’s still full of typos

I see all Shrimpers favourite football manager recruitment consultant, Harry Redknapp has piped up, suggesting either Lampard or Gerrard "could do the job standing on their head'".

Just surprised he didn't add a certain K Bond to the list.

I think, had Lampard or Gerrard had more success in their managerial career, they’d have be a shoe in for the job.

Gerrard fluffed his lines at Aston Villa. That has probably cost him the Liverpool job. Lampard hasn’t done dreadfully, but again he hasn’t grasped his opportunities either.

If Gerrard was the answer God knows what the question would be. Managing in the Middle East is not a big come and get me line is it? As for Lampard, punditry appears to be his way forward.

Did you watch Chelsea under him (2nd time round especially) .. you can argue they were a car crash of a club but the bloke seemed clueless.

He did well with Derby, and did a good job under difficult circumstances at Chelsea first time around.

Should never have touched Everton, or Chelsea second time around. But, he is a Chelsea legend so of course he answered the call. I imagine Steve Tilson would have if Maher had walked.

Lee Carsley is expected to be the interim manager of the England men's senior team when they play their Nations League games against the Republic of Ireland and Finland next month. Possibly try before you sign...

The Euros seems so long ago and tbh I had totally forgotten England don't have a manager. The national team holds such little importance these days ....

Back