• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Dagenham & Redbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter though does it. If he doesn't challenge a bloke not in charge of the ball heading towards the corner flag then there's no danger.
Perhaps the ref gave it for sheer stupidity rather than the challenge.
Stupidity is a bit harsh, no? He's running full pelt after the ball and clips his man rather than pull at him or kick out at him.

Would we prefer it if he maintained a 2 metre distance?

Live table has us 13th at HT. get back in front and we break into the top ten.

Let's hope for a positive half. need more composure on the balls into the box and we do have the players to finish them off.

Crowther having a good game in the middle of the defence.

No winning team at half time has more than a 1 goal lead, apart from Pools at Woking.

As I keep saying. The catering in East Stand is horrible.
Was the pie hot?
Just bought a steak and kidney pie in the west stand kiosk (can’t go too far wrong with that I thought) just before the ref blew the half time whistle.

The girl took my money, all good so far and then… no forks. No cutlery of any kind. They’ve run out - and the half time trade hasn’t even started! Seriously?

Stupidity is a bit harsh, no? He's running full pelt after the ball and clips his man rather than pull at him or kick out at him.

Would we prefer it if he maintained a 2 metre distance?
As you say......no 🤣🤣

Also you are accusing Bridge of being at "full pelt". Again as you said......no.

Still think it was a stupid challenge. Matter of opinion if you think it was a good one.

Just bought a steak and kidney pie in the west stand kiosk (can’t go too far wrong with that I thought) just before the ref blew the half time whistle.

The girl took my money, all good so far and then… no forks. No cutlery of any kind. They’ve run out - and the half time trade hasn’t even started! Seriously?
Go full Jason Biggs on it.

Bridge seems to be on his heels the whole time. Passes from Moncur and Crowther went out as they expect him to be on the move. Also not seeming to back himself to go outside a man. I wonder if Wind on with Gus switching is worth a try part way through the half.

The other worry with Coker going is that I assume Moncur and Noor likely to be planned to go off but we’re running out of Midfielders. Maybe Faulkner will get some minutes

Don't really agree with the commentator's assessment that 1-1 is a fair reflection of play. Apart from the penalty, have Daggers had a shot.....even one on target? We had plenty of chances to extend our lead and couldn't profit from any of them. Coker having to go off certainly hasn''t helped the cause. How long will Husin/Moncur last in the second-half ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back