• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Maidenhead, Tuesday 19th September, 19:45ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 45 63.4%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 50 70.4%
  • Ollie Kensdale

• Jack Bridge

• Cav Miley

Votes: 49 69.0%
  • Noor Husin

• Wes Fonguck

• Callum Powell

Votes: 48 67.6%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Jack Wood

Votes: 45 63.4%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 49 69.0%
  • Oli Coker (if fit)

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Harry Taylor (if red card appealed and rescinded)

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss (if red card appealed and rescinded)

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • David Martin (if allowed to be registered)

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Brooklyn Kabongolo (if allowed to be registered)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • ….

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Win

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Lose

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All you can do is laugh

SOUTHEND United goalkeeper Collin Andeng Ndi is an injury doubt for Tuesday’s match with Maidenhead United.

Andeng Ndi injured his ankle towards the end of Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at York City.
And Blues boss Kevin Maher is unsure whether or not the shot-stopper will recover in time to feature at Roots Hall tomorrow.

“Collin rolled his ankle and that’s puffed up a bit,” said Maher.

“He wasn’t able to train today so it’s a situation we will have to assess.”

The Shrimpers have no other senior goalkeepers at the club but former West Ham United shot-stopper David Martin has been training with the club in recent weeks.
And Blues could seek permission with the league to register Martin if Andeng Ndi misses out. “We’re asking questions but it’s not as straightforward as it can be,” added Maher.

With Gus Scott-Morriss and Harry Taylor suspended and Nathan Ralph and Oli Coker injured Blues currently have 10 players definitely available for tomorrow's game.

anyone know what the penalty is for not being able to field a team in this tinpot League?

Just thinking if it is worth forfeiting the game now rather than hanging on for tomorrow

All you can do is laugh

SOUTHEND United goalkeeper Collin Andeng Ndi is an injury doubt for Tuesday’s match with Maidenhead United.

Andeng Ndi injured his ankle towards the end of Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at York City.
And Blues boss Kevin Maher is unsure whether or not the shot-stopper will recover in time to feature at Roots Hall tomorrow.

“Collin rolled his ankle and that’s puffed up a bit,” said Maher.

“He wasn’t able to train today so it’s a situation we will have to assess.”

The Shrimpers have no other senior goalkeepers at the club but former West Ham United shot-stopper David Martin has been training with the club in recent weeks.
And Blues could seek permission with the league to register Martin if Andeng Ndi misses out. “We’re asking questions but it’s not as straightforward as it can be,” added Maher.

With Gus Scott-Morriss and Harry Taylor suspended and Nathan Ralph and Oli Coker injured Blues currently have 10 players definitely available for tomorrow's game.
predicted this on the way home Saturday. Colin couldn't kick at the end of the game so not surprised this has come out. A positive Martin has been at the club all season so will at least have an idea of his team mates (hardly many to get to know) but when Kev says its not straightforward that is a concern. Assuming no goal keeper means no game surely

predicted this on the way home Saturday. Colin couldn't kick at the end of the game so not surprised this has come out. A positive Martin has been at the club all season so will at least have an idea of his team mates (hardly many to get to know) but when Kev says its not straightforward that is a concern. Assuming no goal keeper means no game surely
I presume we are therefore trying to get Martin registered for tomorrow night, if it looks like Collin won't make it. But as Kev says it isn't straightforward, so we will be relying on the league to show some common sense and a little compassion I think.

I don't think Martin has played a competitive fixture for over 3 years. What a ****ing shambles and it's getting worse.

I presume we are therefore trying to get Martin registered for tomorrow night, if it looks like Collin won't make it. But as Kev says it isn't straightforward, so we will be relying on the league to show some common sense and a little compassion I think.
surely a the goal keeper situ must be the one area that the NL have to so show some support. this isnt U10s football where you pick a kid and put him in goal. But i dont believe the NL really care for us at all so its anyones guess

I don't think Martin has played a competitive fixture for over 3 years. What a ****ing shambles and it's getting worse.
I'm not sure why it's not straight forward - the rules look pretty clear. We can apply to bring in a replacement on no better terms than the injured player

I'm not sure why it's not straight forward - the rules look pretty clear. We can apply to bring in a replacement on no better terms than the injured player
It's not straight forward because the geezer probably can't get out of bed now without getting a back ache, let alone play after 3 years without training!

I imagine Collin isn't exactly on a fortune. So that will somewhat limit our options. Plus as soon as Collin is fit, you'd be on the scrap heap again. We aren't exactly an attractive proposition right now unfortunately.

I imagine Collin isn't exactly on a fortune. So that will somewhat limit our options. Plus as soon as Collin is fit, you'd be on the scrap heap again. We aren't exactly an attractive proposition right now unfortunately.

You're not defo dropped as soon as the injured player is fit - the rules just say the injured player and replacement player cannot be in the same match day squad.

I thought the keeper position would be the easiest to fill - I suspect there's plenty of reasonably decent keepers that are second or third choice that could do with a first team match or 2 on loan, as long as loaning team pay the wages.

Well if people had plans fair do, but if the game doesn't go ahead, everyone who was going has no excuse.
Interesting question. Those that are staying away from RH for match days, have they been going to Rons to protest during the game time? Obvs Rons not at RH so would be a good time to protest at his house

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back