• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Eastleigh, Tuesday 10th September, 19:45k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 87 86.1%
  • Goal Scoring-Machine

Votes: 80 79.2%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 85 84.2%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 87 86.1%
  • Joe Gubbins

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • James Morton

Votes: 76 75.2%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • George Moncur

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • Bim Pepple

Votes: 76 75.2%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Keenan Appiah-Forson

Votes: 36 35.6%
  • George Wind

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Mikey Faulkner

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Beau MacDonald

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Macauley Bonne

Votes: 27 26.7%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 15 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

Nanu, Nanu⭐🦐
Staff member
After covering a lot of miles during the month of August, we're finally back to Roots Hall for back to back home games and a chance for us to check out new players and whether the club have got round to filling the soap dispensers in the bogs.

Our visitors to the Hall on Tuesday currently sit in second place in the league, like us they've only lost one game this season but they've also only drawn one game which means they're only two points behind unbeaten league leaders Gateshead. On Saturday they had an uninspiring 1-0 home win against lowly Tamworth with striker Paul McCallum netting the only goal of the game in the 6th minute. McCallum signed a new 2-year contract with the Spitfires last week and that is probably enough to end our longstanding courting of the prolific lower league hitman.

We of course were down the bare bones again on Saturday with young Bim People being the only recognised striker in the squad. Thankfully our Goal Scoring-Machine came up trumps again and Gussy is well on course to get the National League golden boot this season. Kev must be desperate to add further to the squad - especially now Cav Miley has been added to the injury list. However whether the signing of an additional body or two happens before Tuesday night or even our next home game the following Saturday remains to be seen.

Tuesday is sure to be another tough game and after the bumper crowd against Daggers on August Bank Holiday Monday, this Tuesday evening, with England on the TV, will probably see the lowest crowd of the season so far - especially as Eastleigh aren't exactly renowned for travelling in numbers.

So who would you pick to start, and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
I’m away for this one but will follow on National League TV and hope to see a good game and a win.

I watched the Oldham game yesterday and felt that we put in a good performance and didn’t deserve the many negative comments popping up on here during and after the game.

Oldham are no push over at home and we have a few personnel challenges at the moment that will only improve as we get guys back from injury and maybe some new options 🤞. Still remaining positive for the Season ahead 👍

Another absolute sh1thouse club/team/fans I would dearly love to put away and start our winning streak into the play offs.

I still have that defeat at their place 2 seasons ago, when the ref literally robbed us and then the home loss where their right back was giving it the big one to the West bank (weasel looking one who looked like an extra from trainspotting).

2-0 the the blues this one, with a GSM brace putting them to the sword at fortress Roots Hall.

Another absolute sh1thouse club/team/fans I would dearly love to put away and start our winning streak into the play offs.

I still have that defeat at their place 2 seasons ago, when the ref literally robbed us and then the home loss where their right back was giving it the big one to the West bank (weasel looking one who looked like an extra from trainspotting).

2-0 the the blues this one, with a GSM brace putting them to the sword at fortress Roots Hall.

Same. That game at their place was criminal.

Scored a worldy and then got the most ridiculous free kick at the death with they scored and acted as if they had beaten Barcelona.

**** House side who have sold a whole 18 tickets for tomorrow but can out spend us. This league needs looking at

The gubbins/ralph/bridge options will be the ongoing selection topic until injuries and new signings resolved.
Could be bad news for Bridge.

Not confident for this one. We often struggled last season when playing twice a week because of our thin squad and Eastleigh have made a flying start. I guess KAF will be given his full debut but that will probably be the only change.

Have a couple of free tickets remaining through the Trust financial hardship scheme for Tuesday.

If anyone (or know anyone) would like to go but can’t afford to. Please let me know (feel free to DM).

Ps we won’t be flying any exiles in - sorry :Hilarious:

The gubbins/ralph/bridge options will be the ongoing selection topic until injuries and new signings resolved.
Could be bad news for Bridge.
I do really feel for Bridge this season. We had no CAM for the first few games which meant he was played out of position. We then end up with no strikers (hardly any) and his position changes again.

I do feel like we won't see the best of him (he may not even be selected) until we have a proper front two playing with a CAM in behind. Then, I feel like we will see him at LWB again.

Long-term, our team could like like this:

Collin
Taylor, Crowther, Ralph
Gus, Husin, Miley, Bridge
Moncur
Walker, Bonne

That is a quality team at this level. When we want to play it tight, Gubbins can come in for Bridge with Ralph going out to LWB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back