• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Barrow AFC

Had a pukka pie at lunchtime - £1 from Morrisons
Tesco do the Chicken Balit pie. I went for an authentic crap burger. Classic Rustlers microwave burger. Tasteless and bland, exactly like the ones at the Hall, and no onions either.

I think we've been pressing them well. Olayinka, akinola, rocce and JD working hard

No, but I’ve watered down my can of lager & im planning on ****ing all over my bathroom floor... when the queue goes down, of course.
I’m going to open all the doors and windows so it’s freezing cold. Then get the wife n kids to keep walking in front of the TV 5 mins before the end of the game and to get food every time we get a corner so I can experience the part time fan / day tripper effect.

so far so bad - one down and not playing as good as we can going forward - but can still see us scoring and Halford is going to get a 2nd yellow sometime....
Good news for you is that I've seen a lot worse teams than Southend.
Someone needs to tell the commentator to do is homework though - Barrow have only 6 subs because the 7th sub has to be an academy graduate - and as Barrow were non league last season we don't have an academy yet. Oh and Josh Kay isn't playing as a winger - he's the left wing back.

Having a quick fag in my bathroom as we speak
Don’t forget to leave some number 2 on the rim & seat, shove about 2 bogs rolls worth of paper down the pan then flush & let the Roots Hall reservoir fill up so no one else can use it.

I’m going to open all the doors and windows so it’s freezing cold. Then get the wife n kids to keep walking in front of the TV 5 mins before the end of the game and to get food every time we get a corner so I can experience the part time fan / day tripper effect.
I’ve covered the bottom half of my laptop screen to recreate that South Lower experience.

so far so bad - one down and not playing as good as we can going forward - but can still see us scoring and Halford is going to get a 2nd yellow sometime....
Someone needs to tell the commentator to do is homework though - Barrow have only 6 subs because the 7th sub has to be an academy graduate - and as Barrow were non league last season we don't have an academy yet. Oh and Josh Kay isn't playing as a winger - he's the left wing back.

We might be 1-0 up but we've been far from our best too. I think you've been the better side on the whole.

Felt we've harassed them and limited their chances. I've quite enjoyed the urgency and they're the ones who now have to take risks.
will be interesting to see if subs get made. JD looks like he's drank a gallon of red bull and that was some timing to get that shot away. JW and TD are in 'you shall not pass' mode and we've got a good looking player in H-F.
Not sure id fiddle with the formation unless barrow change radically but Macca boosting the middle could be worth it.
I feel we look bigger stronger and an early 2nd will do the job hopefully .
I've placed the dog and Mrs in the hall in front of the loo door for that authentic half time queue feeling once I need a p.

Halford off for Macca, push Ola and Reeco forward and get at them. They look terrible but we’ve let them have over 60% of possession? Get at them!

There are non league clubs with youth teams. Does that not substitute for academy here?

I’ve stuck a line of gaffer tape down the middle of my screen to recreate the posts in the west stand.
Get the Mrs to stick a beanie & reflective jacket on, stand in the corner of the lounge & periodically yell at you to sit down at particularly exciting stages of play.

Back