• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Barrow AFC

Why do we still make such awful decisions. Shooting from god knows how far out when we have players swarming into the box?!?!

Bit of impetus right when the minutes become fleeting, let's pick that up for the second half

Good chances going forward, could've had more! At the back looks suspect but nowhere compared to the hell earlier this season.

Brilliant start but what have we been trying to do since that first five minutes? Trying to hold onto a one goal advantage for 95 minutes is not usually the best policy. Lucky to still be leading at half-time..... Elvis has a good chance and another couple in added time. First and last five minutes of the half GREAT.......the rest, best forgotten

Happy with the lead at half time but in my opinion, we were second best for much of that half. I’m not entirely sure why we are giving this lot so much respect by playing 5 at the back. They clearly favour playing out from the back and because we have so many defensive players, it’s allowing them to play through us far to easily without anyone really pressing. For me we have to go back to the formation and the press we used against Colchester. Do that and there are more goals in this for us because defensively they look really shaky. A much improved second half performance is needed if we are to keep hold of all three points.

They ain’t as bad as their position in the league.

Far better footballing team than the teams we’ve recently played at home.

Rode our luck for most of the half.

Had some decent chances to make it 2-0.

The good news is that we are now well and truly a competitive team.

Barrow have had more of the ball and look threatening, but they havent created a clear cut chance. Weve had a few half chances and look like we could get more chances when we pressure their defence. Pretty even for me

Back