• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend United staff now PAID!! (25th July)

Yes, be really interesting to see if July paid. If the NL requirements are to clear football related debts by a certain date, assuming that date is before 31 July, then that meets their requirements and their is no consequence (from a NL licence perspective) to remain current.

Horrible way to do business.
Agree and it is a disgusting way to do business and treat employees

That makes no sense at all
He either did have the money or he didn’t.
Asking permission to make the payment is a separate step. He could have asked for permission a month ago, two months ago, whenever
The money was probably there, but as is usual with a Winding Up Petition, Bank Accounts are frozen. Hence the need to return to Court.

ok so the staff has been payed So what will the trust do with the funds raised now Keep it for the next time the staff dont get payed .

ok so the staff has been payed So what will the trust do with the funds raised now Keep it for the next time the staff dont get payed .

I think the money should be kept as we may find out that the staff still might not get paid going forward.

After everything has settled down the money could be held back to assist in helping any other clubs that get into a similar situation to us. Unfortunately I think we’ll see this situation occur at another club.

The money was probably there, but as is usual with a Winding Up Petition, Bank Accounts are frozen. Hence the need to return to Court.
Yes , everyone gets that he needed to het the court order. I don’t think anyone has disputed that on any post in this thread.

What we don’t know is if the cash was in the account or not and why he didn’t apply for the order weeks/months ago.

To be clear there is no correlation between having funds in the bank account and getting the court order- they are totally independent

If the folk buying the club want wages up to date before they buy it, then he has to sell this week or find a bit more cash.

Great that the staff have been paid but what happens to the hardship fund.
Not my decision but I would advocate once the dust settles it is either shared out amongst the faithful staff or donated to a charity of their choice.

Heroes and heroines all of them. For the sacrifices they have made they deserve a collective place in the SUFC hall of fame.

Excellent new that the staff have been paid.

Now, what happens for this month's pay?

By doing this, it does seem to show, to some extent, that 'the one who shall not be named' knows he has to get everything sorted out for the Football Club to satisfy the National League.

Or maybe I am just being overly positive for you guys.

How about a statue of some sort outside the main stand that says - “To the few. Lest we forget. And a list of their names”.

They haven’t been paid in 5 months, you think they haven’t been charged interest on overdrafts, credit card bills & loans? They still need the hardship fund.

I never said that they didn't. Was just interested how it will be distributed.

Back