• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Club Structure.

Thanks for all this Stan. Great to feel like we are putting our club in a position to be positive again. We needed this so badly. Felt and looked like our club was dying in front of our eyes. Stayed behind after Chesterfield in the stands soaking in the misery and hoping it would be our low point to make any future success even sweeter. And now hopefully it is.

I'm not sure what official roll Stan sees himself in at the club if his involvement (hopefully) becomes permenant, but I hope it includes continued fan-liason. We've never been so 'in the loop', its very refreshing and I hope it continues.

And we as fans, as Stan says, have to buy into the new way of doing things. We're not from day one going to become world-beaters, We're still going to have disapointing home defeats and even a mid-table finish this season would be a success. What we want is gradual sustainable organic growth, as Brentford did over probably 10 years. I'm not sure we'll make it to the premier league but their progress has continued regardless of manager (or 'head coach') changes along the way. Because as Stan says its not all down to one 'Messiah', its down to a management team and a process. Exciting times what with the new stadium being closer than ever. Lets hope we don't blow the opportunity.

Speaking of which, I understand that the pitch and grass at B&L was in pretty poor condition a couple of years ago. Has that or will it be addressed? Surely the training ground should be at least as good as the pitch.

B&L is just as bad as Roots Hall.

I was told that the hot water had packed up last week. No idea if that’s been fixed yet.

I was told that the hot water had packed up last week. No idea if that’s been fixed yet.
Hot water was out areas ago mate. Spoke to John White's wife at the Norwoch pre-season game and she said he was showering at home after training.

Hot water was out areas ago mate. Spoke to John White's wife at the Norwoch pre-season game and she said he was showering at home after training.

I assume this is a new issue and not the same existing one since pre-season though?

It highlights just how desperate we are for the new stadium and training ground.

I assume this is a new issue and not the same existing one since pre-season though?

It highlights just how desperate we are for the new stadium and training ground.
Ah yeah might be, but I hadn't heard whether the pre-season issue had been fixed.

B&L is just as bad as Roots Hall
I think the pitch at RH has improved massively over the last couple of seasons, whereas the B&L pitch is (or was) as bad as RH was at its worst.

I think the pitch at RH has improved massively over the last couple of seasons, whereas the B&L pitch is (or was) as bad as RH was at its worst.

Oh I wasn’t limiting it to the playing surfaces, (I agree the Roots Hall pitch is a vast improvement on what it was during Chrissy Powell’s reign), it was more a general observation how both sites could and arguably should be condemned.

I have not been this excited about the future of the club i love for a very long long time i am really buzzing.
Thank you so much Stan for sticking with us and getting Ron on board you have my full support.

I was told that one of the reasons Simon Cox was known as 'difficult' was that he would often demand the water and facilities at B&L get sorted as it was a health risk , this didn;t go down well in some quarters as you can imagine .

but its the small things like this divide people and having a united team is a must , keep up the good work Stan

Back