• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United chairman Ron Martin says fans are putting people off

It's time to stop protesting! Don't actually know why we still are? I think ron knows he's not wanted !! The national league have said we can play! Continuing to protest outside Ron's House ain't doing us any favours! Time to stop now!
Two words come to mind here

“happy” “clapper”

surely your fishing?

Probably the majority of posts that purport to know the situation and what Ron can or can't do. The ITK are few and far between and I doubt any one of them knows the whole situation and that leads to conjecture. Ill-informed and very often clueless as proven by some of the assertions posted.
Unfortunately the problem the ITK few are is that they are only privy to the information on the potential buyers side now unless they are all serial liars and Ron has suddenly after 25 years started telling the truth I would say the problem lies with RM.

It's all very well coming on here telling people that they are out of order for getting personal with him but what do you think he is doing with the thousands of Southend fans then?.

This is a culmination of years of false promises, lies, hiding information, not paying staff/local businesspeople on time and basically making the club and city look bloody awful in from of the other leagues and lets not mention the embargo which ruined our play off chances last season.

He is lucky this did not all come on top for him years ago but everyone has their breaking point and with him, unfortunately there is no room to negotiate nicely because he doesn't work like that and doesn't recognise or respect others who do.

I would love to live in your world of Utopia but it isn't reality so any nastiness that comes his way is 100% his own doing.

which parts are ill-informed and clueless ?
I think those that know nothing, hear a whisper and make 2 + 2= 5.
Its a forum ,its full of rumours and when you clear the crap, probably only three or four can be trusted, sometimes posters are bored and rather than read they decide to add something they donot know and so a new far fetched story is sent on his way
Everyone entitled to an opinion, but at least make it honest and not a RM way of dealing with things by lies, the supporters are far too good for that approach

This bloke will say anything to divert the blame from him. Any party interested in the club will know what a loyal, dedicated, and faithful bunch of supporters the Shrimpers are. Many of those protesting outside his house (lawfully and peacefully I might add), were clearing up his crap at RH yesterday.

The last 2 comments may be of interest to you

The current sales package for Southend United F.C. ( as of 17.00 hours, Friday 28th July, 2023 ), seems to consist of roughly the following.

Roots Hall £4.5 million
New training ground £2.25 million ( tbc )
Shares in club ( 70.6 per cent ) £1
Amount to clear current debts ( tbc ) £2.5 million

Amount required to cover first complete year of trading (tbc ) £1.2 million

This is coming in at around £10.45 million.

£10 million was quoted as the circa figure that would satisfy the immediate demands ( of the seller ) to enable the club to trade under new ownership.

I expect a variation on this theme in the coming weeks.

This information courtesy of the agents dealing with the sale.

( Roots Hall and the new training ground represent the lion's share of what is on the shopping list, strip that out of the equation and that lightens the load ).

The last 2 comments may be of interest to you

The current sales package for Southend United F.C. ( as of 17.00 hours, Friday 28th July, 2023 ), seems to consist of roughly the following.

Roots Hall £4.5 million
New training ground £2.25 million ( tbc )
Shares in club ( 70.6 per cent ) £1
Amount to clear current debts ( tbc ) £2.5 million

Amount required to cover first complete year of trading (tbc ) £1.2 million

This is coming in at around £10.45 million.

£10 million was quoted as the circa figure that would satisfy the immediate demands ( of the seller ) to enable the club to trade under new ownership.

I expect a variation on this theme in the coming weeks.

This information courtesy of the agents dealing with the sale.

( Roots Hall and the new training ground represent the lion's share of what is on the shopping list, strip that out of the equation and that lightens the load ).
My only concern would be that we are relying upon Ron's word in relation to clearing/writing off the circa £20m debt on the books??

Oh, OK Ron! We get it…

The fans are spoiling your Special Military, I mean Financial Operation’?

He’s as warped as a well known dictator
That's putining it mildly. (not political, I'm just grammatically inept :Winking: )

I take it Ron didn't venture to RH yesterday to assist with the attempt to make the ground ready for Saturday's game?
His neglect of the stadium and all staff is not mentioned anywhere in his lovely statement. Just a moan about the fans, who turned out and put in hard work to get the ground fit for purpose.
He has probably copped a load in the ear from his neighbours about the protests and this is the way he reacts.

Back