• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United chairman Ron Martin says fans are putting people off

Doe's he really think anyone believes this crap?.

A potential investor will be looking at potential crowds, costs and I dare say be impressed by hundreds of them taking a Sunday away from their families to get a stadium ready because he has appallingly left it to rot.

He really is a tosser, we knew his was bad but the last few weeks have even shocked me in what an absolute **** he is.

SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin has told supporters protesting outside his house they are putting people off buying the club.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
:ROFL:

Sit down everyone, I'm about to point something out that I think might surprise many people. Ron is talking ****.

As I said on the "for sale" thread, no buyer will be put off because they know the protests will stop the moment he walks away. The only scenario that I can see where this would be true is if there are investors who don't want to take over running the club, but want to put money in and let Ron continue. They see how unpopular Ron is and don't want any part of it. If that is the case then the protests need to continue because I don't think anyone wants Ron involved anymore and protesting might mean that option is an no-go.

It's time to stop protesting! Don't actually know why we still are? I think ron knows he's not wanted !! The national league have said we can play! Continuing to protest outside Ron's House ain't doing us any favours! Time to stop now!
Curse of The Joker: How Batman's arch-nemesis messes up actors who play him  - Mirror Online

Not a supporter of RM, but why send a recorded footage to Echo and not meet them to put his delusional side to them.
Was it a video of him speaking or a voice message, if voice message was it him?

Not with RM band of brothers but seems an unusual way to communicate, when the media is his only outlet to spout the lies

Not a supporter of RM, but why send a recorded footage to Echo and not meet them to put his delusional side to them.
Was it a video of him speaking or a voice message, if voice message was it him?

Not with RM band of brothers but seems an unusual way to communicate, when the media is his only outlet to spout the lies

Looks like it's the fan protesters footage - so not from Ron directly, he hasn't sent/said anything to the Echo

Not that old chestnut 🙄. Truth is Ronald just doesn’t want to let go, he would rather sort more investment and just carry on and hope for best.
Strange assertion. 'Ron just doesn't want to let go...'. What because he loves the club or is so ridiculous he would continue with a multi-mullion pound losing vanity project? I think a lot of fans need to give their head a wobble.

I have condemned RM for the non payment of staff but some of the personal insults on here toward him are no better than cyber trolling, bullying and abuse.

I want the club to survive as much as the next man but, have you stopped to consider the sale has not materialised because it isn't the good investment everyone claims or that it's a bit too rich for the blood of those interested? Many on here assured us of a queue of buyers waiting in the wings, a claim made for years, well when it comes down to it there are not so many or many capable.

RM may or may not be a good person to deal with and he may, rightly, be protecting his investment and own interests, as would anyone in his position. Too many fans are making the attacks personal, are ill-informed or clueless and are adding to the toxicity of the situation.

Strange assertion. 'Ron just doesn't want to let go...'. What because he loves the club or is so ridiculous he would continue with a multi-mullion pound losing vanity project? I think a lot of fans need to give their head a wobble.

I have condemned RM for the non payment of staff but some of the personal insults on here toward him are no better than cyber trolling, bullying and abuse.

I want the club to survive as much as the next man but, have you stopped to consider the sale has not materialised because it isn't the good investment everyone claims or that it's a bit too rich for the blood of those interested? Many on here assured us of a queue of buyers waiting in the wings, a claim made for years, well when it comes down to it there are not so many or many capable.

RM may or may not be a good person to deal with and he may, rightly, be protecting his investment and own interests, as would anyone in his position. Too many fans are making the attacks personal, are ill-informed or clueless and are adding to the toxicity of the situation.
which parts are ill-informed and clueless ?

RM may or may not be a good person to deal with and he may, rightly, be protecting his investment and own meinterests, as would anyone in his position. Too many fans are making the attacks personal, are ill-informed or clueless and are adding to the toxicity of the situation.
Ron may or may not be a good person 😂that’s made me laugh you really believe he would be a good person to deal with????

Back