• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United bring in Portsmouth forward Reeco Hackett-Fairchild on loan

Handy that he's been playing 90 minutes in the Conference. Unlike most of our signings this season he should be able to come straight into the side!

He seems to have another year on his deal at Pompey but doesn't seem to be in their plans so it may be with a view to a permanent move. If nothing else it will allow us to get to know him better. There's no better way to conduct Ron's famed Those words are banned (and he has some history) than to have someone in the building.

I think he looks like a tidy player, great feet for a big man, certainly not as cumbersome as Aquagen and if he proves he can use his height too, could well be a useful addition!

Let's Hope he can REECO some Havoc! Get in there boy! Welcome and Best Wishes.
I am quite happy to accept MM opinion. UTB :Clap: :Clap: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter:

Reeco will give us much needed height upfront, Emile Acqua has had plenty of chances to impress but his ability is short of what we need. Reeco and Halford now give us two options for the target man role. It's beginning to look a bit better now.
I think the fatal assumption might be being made that because he's 6'3" he is great in the air and holding it up. There is a reason why these things are absent from the "marketing clips". Forget the height- pretend he's 5'11. Then we have on the face of it a very promising 22 year old, quick, creative and with a goal or to in him.

Good news but I'm hoping Reeco doesn't block the progress of Howden Wickes-Jewson and Pixie 'JJ' Camus-O'Malley, both of whom have been quite tidy on loan at local non-league online outfit AFC XXXVideos.

I try not to get too excited nowadays about youtube videos of signings. Especially after Nduckwu, who looked superb on youtube, and Sterling, but usleless playing for us. We shall see how this one turns out.

I try not to get too excited nowadays about youtube videos of signings. Especially after Nduckwu, who looked superb on youtube, and Sterling, but usleless playing for us. We shall see how this one turns out.

Am I the only one that remembers Ndukwu's YouTube video differently?

I'm sure it was full of miss hit passes, terrible shots and falling over. All of which was in youth team games in park fields?

Perhaps my memory isn't quite what it should be.

The problem is those videos only last about five minutes and span about 2 years of highlights. I reckon even I could look good for 5 minutes.

The one that was different (for me anyway) was Sim Akinola since his reel seemed to be just a handful of matches, meaning he showed up for more than 30 seconds every few matches.

SOUTHEND United manager Mark Molesley is pleased to have brought Reeco Hackett-Fairchild to Blues – five months after first trying to sign him.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links

Really am enjoying the interviews/comments articles with MM. Really positive, really clear in his thinking. Am sure if he can drag us away from the bottom of the table, great things will happen...

Looks a handful , without sounding harsh on Aquah , thats what a lump should be doing , running at defenders with purpose, pace and power and making a nuisance in and around the box .
I'll be interested to see him in our shirt, could be pleasantly surprised ......hell of a shot on him too

Completely untried and unproven and unfair to expect too much from him. If he does well it's a bonus but it just shows how low our realistic opportunities of transformational signings really are.

Back