• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 2-4 Southend United

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐🦐
Staff member
That's more like it!! Brilliant performance from the lads today and Gus is the top scorer in the division!!

Well done the coaching team, and what a great tonic after two disappointing defeats. Still very light on the bench, but much more to be positive about today.

Two goals for Bim as well - what's not to like? Thoughts here please Shrimpers....

IMG_9588.jpeg

Really good performance today. Defence switched off for their first and a bit of a silly tackle for their second but can't really fault anyone. KAF was the absolute stand out, ran his freaking socks off and muscled, scrapped and clawed for every ball. Pepple seems to be settling in to the team and playstyle now. Bonne still lethargic but he's getting better with every game.

Fantastic performance, well done to all the lads, Kev & co, and 4 goals.

That is a brilliant turnaround after 2 disappointing losses. New lads starting to really show what they can do, and looks like we are moving back in the right direction. Still work to do, and much more positive.

Lets hope that shuts down some of the ridiculous over-reactions!

Made my saturday, thank you!

Yes- having two decent front men and Jack out wide makes a big difference.

Pleased for Bim- strong, hard working, the sort of loanee you want, and now more than the suggestion that he has a good few goals in him. May turn out to be very good business no doubt through JS contacts at Luton.

Forson has to start going forward- him and Moncur as the more attacking MF works really well. Both have real quality. Forson may be one who earns us a decent return down the line.

Noor I like in that holding playmaker role- he has the quality on the ball and good vision.

All in all a good result and some positive developments for Kev

Finally, Kev playing the team/formation I want right now and its paid dividends. KAF was superb and was MoM (mine and commentators!), Pepple was borderline unplayable and everyone was solid and looking fitter.

Nice to be able to take Moncur off for 25mins too.

Collin - 7 Didnt really have much chance with the goals
GSM - 7 fairly quiet, but has to get his goal, quite incredible
Taylor - 7 Was great bringing ball out and defensively, docked a point for a silly tackle!
Crowther - 7 Solid
Ralph - 8 Did well at LCB then played a more defensive LWB for 20 mins well
Bridge - 7 Back to form on the left, but did disappear a bit when moved inside
Husin - 6 Bit quieter than recently. Maybe needs a rest
Moncur - 7 Not quite as influencial as recently, but neat and tidy as you expect
KAF - 9* Monster of a performance, just what we've been lacking in MF. Someone to carry the ball out rather than tap 5 yards sideways. Has to stay in.
Pepple - 9 Two goals and just a beast of a performance. Strong, willing and 1st goal reminded me of a Collymore-esque type goal! Think Huddersfield away in the cup.
Bonne - 7 Looked stronger and put himself about

Brilliant result, never saw that coming and so pleased for Kev, Daz and Benno and all the squad.

MoM so difficult to pick, Ralph solid as ever, Crowther improved on Tuesday, Gus as always and another goal, 'Arry, despite the penalty and really good performance, Bridge, Husin, both put in a shift, Moncur showed all his experience, Bonne, still a way to go, but looked much better, Pepple proved alot of people wrong, me included and great finish for his first goal, but I'm going for KAF, gave us something different and never stopped running, gave his all for the shirt and playing himself into a starting berth in my book.

Maybe Kev has read a bit of the Kevin Keegan book of football management.

Vindaloo, Vindaloo, Were gonna score one more than you! SOUTHEND!

Happy rest of the weekend now!

Really good performance today. Defence switched off for their first and a bit of a silly tackle for their second but can't really fault anyone. KAF was the absolute stand out, ran his freaking socks off and muscled, scrapped and clawed for every ball. Pepple seems to be settling in to the team and playstyle now. Bonne still lethargic but he's getting better with every game.
Yes the commentary we saying Bonne and Pepple compliment each other quite well as a partnership

Back