• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

The beat option is get the deal over the line .And then and only then can anyone talk about change at the hall .Iwould like to be alive to see it .But time is not on my side .

The beat option is get the deal over the line .And then and only then can anyone talk about change at the hall .Iwould like to be alive to see it .But time is not on my side .
Blimey. Not only have you shut us down on transfer talk, but now this as well.

Attn: Mods... might as well close SZ until @tommy tucker says otherwise.

Bit of a distraction right now tbh. But this was covered some time ago, I think pre Kimura even. Number of contributions based on the RH development site plan. This site (I.e. stadium plus the other parcels of land) is large enough to allow both the stadium upgrades and partial development either to the original plan or to a revised plan. It would be very surprising if the consortium were not looking at the RH site and in designing the new East stand and other developments (that would need planning) they were not also looking at the wider development opportunities. Residential, commercial etc.

This is down the road and I don’t think anything new. It will be a happy day when this is the primary topic of debate along with the football..

You keep your head in the Southend mud Shimper zone I thought was to air what you think Obviously I was wrong After so many years of following Southend United I hope for a few more years to come .

At least two to three more months.Doesnt look hopeful.

Where is the source of this?

Depends if the club gets an iron clad agreement in place. 3 months won't matter then.

I doubt the council would do that.

I just don't see how 6-8 weeks could turn into 6-8 months

You keep your head in the Southend mud Shimper zone I thought was to air what you think Obviously I was wrong After so many years of following Southend United I hope for a few more years to come .
Ironic you should say this and yet tell us that certain discussions are pointless / threads should be closed. It works both ways, you know.

Ironic you should say this and yet tell us that certain discussions are pointless / threads should be closed. It works both ways, you know.
Not once did i say any threads should be closed but if that is what you rhink so be it JHusbecause im loosing faith Does not mean threds should close .

Not once did i say any threads should be closed but if that is what you rhink so be it JHusbecause im loosing faith Does not mean threds should close .
Okay, focus on the bit about saying that certain discussions are pointless then and I'll retract the 'closing threads' bit. My point remains; you can go moaning about people disagreeing with you by saying SZ is a place to air what you think and then say that certain things are pointless.

Okay, focus on the bit about saying that certain discussions are pointless then and I'll retract the 'closing threads' bit. My point remains; you can go moaning about people disagreeing with you by saying SZ is a place to air what you think and then say that certain things are pointless.
OK why is it OK for people on hear moaning that we keep missing targets due to the embargo Then

OK why is it OK for people on hear moaning that we keep missing targets due to the embargo Then
Because, and I quote you... "Shimper zone I thought was to air what you think".

People are just putting names forward, lamenting on the ones that may have gotten away, who we might go for when (hopefully) the embargo is lifted. I'm sure the management / recruitment team at the club are doing exactly the same thing. I certainly hope they are. If you don't like it, just ignore the thread.

Back