• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

Justin knows the importance of the use of personal relationships in business. Not only at this critical time but also in the future. Building a good foundation. He's done it in getting the consortium on board, has a great relationship with the fans and I bet on his rounds with the league, council and those the club owes money to they are mightily impressed. Fingers crossed.
Could also be regarding the housing development at Roots Hall that’s in the works

well I’ve definitely heard different, and if someone could ask Justin for clarification that would be great, but property development of the car park is definitely on the agenda as far as I’ve been told. Squeezing any real asset away from Southend United slowly but surely

well I’ve definitely heard different, and if someone could ask Justin for clarification that would be great, but property development of the car park is definitely on the agenda as far as I’ve been told. Squeezing any real asset away from Southend United slowly but surely
Some where along the line someone is telling porkies Maybe ron needs another home close to the ground .

Houses at roothall will not be going ahead .Thats why they are shifting them to fossetts

The development that has planning won't be going ahead. But I thought the consortium had some plans to develop the spare land around the stadium - the car park is too big remember.

The Consortium have already suggested they will need to cut down on parking for things like the fanzone. I think Justin said that they’ll need to look at developing some of it to make the club sustainable, possibly including some housing - might be worth watching the Cliffs Pavilion Q&A again.

Additionally the Roots Hall development site that was going to have 500 flats built on it was larger than the stadium’s footprint - you’ll remember the Pizza Man saga where additional sites were acquired and some had to be threatened with compulsory purchase. I doubt ownership of those is passing and so they’ll stay with the rat’s various companies and so will no doubt be developed left to rot. These weren’t ever owned by SUFC though but in theory should be developed.

Believe the east was to be done first because its the money maker stand, and initial intentions were to bring it out towards the car park utilising the lower level area (where the reception and players entrances are.)

Believe the east was to be done first because its the money maker stand, and initial intentions were to bring it out towards the car park utilising the lower level area (where the reception and players entrances are.)
Yeah they made that clear at the meeting at the cliffs

Reactions: jnl
I thought there were possible plans for some flats near to where the shop currently is.

No east isn't first, think the west and north are before.

I spoke with the Leader of the Council at some length yesterday at the Hamlet Court Road in Harmony Event. Trust me he is fully aware of the urgency, he actually said that he has spent about 70 hours since taking the position purely on SUFC/FF matters and had spoken with Justin about three times yesterday and also with the Rat. He has also got meetings scheduled for several days this coming week with all parties involved to sort out the points raised by the DD. He actually seemed quite positive.
Mods- surely a ban for this man who is posting something pos1tive on the heart warming free thinking Shrimperzone?.

Back