• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

I believe anyone joining the petition has equal rights.

For the petition to be withdrawn we would need to satisfy all creditors who have joined in the application to the court, not just the original petitioner, as any creditor with £750 or more outstanding can still take the action forward, even if the original petitioner has withdrawn.

Thanks. I think this is actually helpful to us.

Imagine a scenario where Stewarts argue to wind us up but PG Site Services, owed a similar sum argue that they now believe their best chance of being paid is to grant an extension. In that scenario a judge is likely to err on the side of caution and give more time.

So - the potential scenarios in my opinion -

1 - COSU pay ahead of the WUP and we rumble on
2 - It goes to the hearing and a judge possibly adjourns for whatever reason or winds us up

Ron won't put us in administration, of that I'm sure. There's no point. It would be better if we weren't around as a club.
3. Stewarts agree beforehand to seek an adjournment.

I assume the new HoT would need agreement from COSU to go ahead?
I guess that COSU would need to believe that the deal outlined in the new HOT’s has a plausible chance of passing DD before they would consider putting more money into the club prior to our court case. If they feel that the revised deal is simply another Ron wish list and has no or little chance of actually coming to fruition then I would expect them to take a chance on an adjournment based on a ‘potential’ deal being agreed between SUFC and the council, and then still chase completion but without significantly increasing their liability.

I assume the new HoT would need agreement from COSU to go ahead?
No.

Citizen Housing needs to agree Heads of Terms of with the Council. This deal then needs to be agreed by CBRE as well.

COSU aren’t involved in the Citizen-Council deal other than wanting a deal to be struck to allow their separate deal to proceed.

There’s a cabinet meeting at the council today. SUFC is NOT on the list. Absolutely ridiculous. Should be one of the first things they should be talking about!
Nah - the less politics in the deal the better. Council has already voted to delegate to leader and council officers - I'd say keep it that way.

If this new deal will need to go to a council vote I don't know @CllrDanielCowan can you clarify if further council votes will be needed

I know they've voiced their support elsewhere already but we got a mention on the podcast Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer do at 20:10, apparently they know about our problems because one of the producers at the BBC (Phil Bigwood) is a shrimper.

They clearly don't know enough to speak about us in depth but the podcast gets a big audience (the YouTube version usually gets around 200k viewing, I imagine the podcast version gets similar numbers) so it'll make a lot of people aware that we're in serious trouble.

There’s a cabinet meeting at the council today. SUFC is NOT on the list. Absolutely ridiculous. Should be one of the first things they should be talking about!
It doesn't need to be discussed at a Cabinet meeting at the moment. Head of the Council and officers are dealing with it, and Daniel Cowan is spending the vast majority of his working days on this. I don't think much more could be asked of the council at this precise moment in time.

Probably not a conventional view, but I am certain that SCC have never really had an issue with the club, but it has had a very difficult time trying to deal with the club owners...

I think SCC have gone above and beyond over the last few months.
But unless the H O T is agreed soon it wont help the club or the concortium at all .Time is not on our side Unless a knight in shining armour comes to our rescue .

Probably not a conventional view, but I am certain that SCC have never really had an issue with the club, but it has had a very difficult time trying to deal with the club owners...

I think SCC have gone above and beyond over the last few months.
There was a big fallout when the council stopped letting Southend train at Priory Park. There was a feeling that the council at that time couldn't care less about SUFC. Vic Jobson then fell out with the council over the first plans to move to a new stadium. Vic famously said that the council were not supporters of the towns football club, so he might move it to Basildon. Ron Martin has been backed and supported by the council, but....he has let them down many times, causing friction and mistrust. Allegedly.

Back