• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

Or alternatively, it’s easier to say we are staying and harder to write why you are walking away 🤷🏻‍♂️
I see it as we're out as rons a **** - apologies to fans - pretty straightforward. No need to consult other parties on their statement.

But to put out a statement that they're in at this stage may require various conditions to caveat their continued commitment and may well need to be approved by Ron or others involved.

So that's how I'm justifying to myself that the easier statement to release is that they're out.

Hi Tommy. Could I suggest that you delete this statement. I know it is meant to be a joke but it's a sensitive time.

Your choice of course.
hat is it you find as a joke As i said when the concortium has something to tell us .I an sure they will in good time .And no i will not remove it if you want it removed go ahead and do it .

There was a big fallout when the council stopped letting Southend train at Priory Park. There was a feeling that the council at that time couldn't care less about SUFC. Vic Jobson then fell out with the council over the first plans to move to a new stadium. Vic famously said that the council were not supporters of the towns football club, so he might move it to Basildon. Ron Martin has been backed and supported by the council, but....he has let them down many times, causing friction and mistrust. Allegedly.
That doesn’t sound like Vic…

What does everybody think will happen on Wednesday in their own opinion?
Adjourned. Probably.

Nobody wants to be the one who pulls the plug.

The Consortium have taken care to frame it as not their decision. The Council are taking care to keep the talks going and make it someone else’s decision. I believe PG Tips Services wants their money back but they don’t want the club to die. Everyone is waiting for someone else to make the decision for them.

With any luck that will give enough time to get the deal done.

Hi Tommy. Could I suggest that you delete this statement. I know it is meant to be a joke but it's a sensitive time.

Your choice of course.
Its the only statement written that hasn't got a spelling mistake. Its like asking Michelangelo to paint over the Sistine Chapel.

hat is it you find as a joke As i said when the concortium has something to tell us .I an sure they will in good time .And no i will not remove it if you want it removed go ahead and do it .

Tommy, Unless I'm mistaken there is no such word as concortium in the dictionary. The correct spelling is consortium (if thats what your attempting to spell)

At the moment, there's no point really in anyone updating us. I gather things seem to change by the hour, any update would be quickly outdated. Plus, I gather writing statements is not a priority for anyone right now.

So guess what? More patience required from the world's most patient fanbase.
Silence could well be a Consortium tactic at the moment in advance of Wednesday's hearing........perhaps it's time for the rat's to sweat a bit !

That doesn’t sound like Vic…

Adjourned. Probably.

Nobody wants to be the one who pulls the plug.

The Consortium have taken care to frame it as not their decision. The Council are taking care to keep the talks going and make it someone else’s decision. I believe PG Tips Services wants their money back but they don’t want the club to die. Everyone is waiting for someone else to make the decision for them.

With any luck that will give enough time to get the deal done.
And in the middle we have a narcissistic 🐀 who is revealing in the power of life or death over the club he holds, unfortunately

I would anticipate that new HOTs will be confirmed before Wednesday and that an adjournment will be agreed upon. COSU statement after that. Don't know for sure though.
Love this. HOTs if agreed before Wednesday imo should be enough to grant an adjournment at least a 6 week one. Therefore come mid august everyone will be paid and keys handed over ect that’s what I think would happen. If it means for the first 2 games we don’t have any additions then so be it all I want is SUFC to be alive and well. If it meant the club surviving I would 100% take staying in the NL for 2/3 seasons think anyone would tbh. Our story as well is kind of like a Wrexham saga. They spent what 10 seasons in the NL. It’s basically that saga just without the Hollywood fame I guess

Back