• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

SOUTHEND City Council have agreed new heads of term with Citizen Housing for the revised property plans at Fossetts Farm.

The news was confirmed by council leader Daniel Cowan this evening and came just hours after a winding up petition against the Shrimpers by PG Site Services had been dismissed in the High Court.
Cllr Cowan said: "I am delighted to confirm that new heads of terms have been agreed with Citizen Housing.
"Last night I spoke with Ron Martin and during a frank and unfettered but fair and respectful exchange I made it clear that my patience had run out.
"We agreed that the council has been flexible in trying to negotiate a deal that protects our interest and the future of the club.
"We agreed that the last proposal failed extensive due diligence and that the council's proposal to pivot to a low-rise residential scheme is an all-round better proposition.

"We agreed that enough was enough and that today, upon receipt of a workable, best and final offer, we could conclude negotiations on heads of terms and progress to due diligence."
The update comes after the consortium announced it believes buying the club immediately is the only way it can be saved - despite the huge financial risk.
And Cllr Cowan is keen to see it happen.
"Since taking up the leadership of Southend on Sea City Council I have felt that the decoupling of the land transaction from the sale of the football club is the best way forward as it enables us to negotiate a fair and reasonable property deal for the city without an impending existential threat to the club hanging over us," said Cowan.

"The consortium have tabled the option of decoupling to the current owners and I fully support them is this proposal.
"It is the best option to secure the club and stave off the threat from the National League's demands and that must be agreed between COSU and Ron Martin urgently."
Cllr Cowan added that the £1million bond the National League has demanded to be paid imminently is still a issue for the club before adding: "Eyes will now turn to the completion of the decoupling and I hope that the consortium's fair demands can be met."

Like most weeks following Southend, this has been an absolute rollercoaster of emotions.

We've gone from the failing of the DD last week, to the VNL really killing the mood on here Monday night with their 1m bond threat, and then it's been on somewhat of an upward trajectory since the COSU statement.

Last nights news from the Council was another positive, but I remain cautious until we get the big one we're all waiting for, with the actual changing of ownership being fully confirmed on the official site, season tickets going on sale, embargo lifted, etc etc etc.

Like most weeks following Southend, this has been an absolute rollercoaster of emotions.

We've gone from the failing of the DD last week, to the VNL really killing the mood on here Monday night with their 1m bond threat, and then it's been on somewhat of an upward trajectory since the COSU statement.

Last nights news from the Council was another positive, but I remain cautious until we get the big one we're all waiting for, with the actual changing of ownership being fully confirmed on the official site, season tickets going on sale, embargo lifted, etc etc etc.
It won’t be long Kenny.

I know we`ve had meet the Blues days in the past, but has their ever been a meet the Shrimper zone members? Maybe it could be done in the future and invite Cllr Daniel Cowan, COSU, etc.... Maybe we could wear Shrimper Zone name badge, just an idea?
Maybe a raffle donations to charity, it would be nice to put a face to a name, rather than from behind a keyboard 👍

I am exiled in Southampton, but my sister lives in Maldon and may be using it as accommodation a bit more now. Will try and get to as many games as I can, the momentum that this news will generate will be one hell of a ride.
We used to have them on a regular basis in the past, pehaps when the fanzone is sorted we can arrange another.

We used to have them on a regular basis in the past, pehaps when the fanzone is sorted we can arrange another.
If there is sample perfume, I’m there.

Back on topic…

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if our players turn up to testing tomorrow, to the news that Ronnie has left the building.

As stated if the debts has been settled in court When can we exspect the Embargo to be lifted . So kevinn can start bringing in new players needed .

Back