• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Shrimpers Sign GK Jeacock on Loan

Been in the pipeline for a while this one...

Zach Jeacock has joined Vanarama National League side Southend United on loan until January.

Jeacock joined the Imps from Birmingham City in the summer and has made four appearances, including two in Sky Bet League One, keeping a clean sheet against Wigan.

City’s director of football Jez George said: "The plan when we signed Zach was always for him to go out on loan to get games. Through no fault of his own, this has been delayed three times due to an injury to Jamie Pardington in pre-season, George Wickens coming off with a head injury at Peterborough and then Zach himself having to go through a concussion protocol. We are delighted that Southend have waited for Zach and that he can finally get going to fight for a place in their starting XI.

“We have protection in this agreement to cover every possible scenario in our goalkeeping department for the duration of the loan so this is a win/win. Zach is an extremely talented young goalkeeper, who we signed as ‘one for the future’, and we look forward to monitoring his progress over the next three months before reviewing the situation in January. Southend United are a massive club at their level, with a big fanbase and high expectations, so it is a brilliant opportunity for Zach."
This line is more of a worry to me. As soon as their keeper gets injured again he will be pulled straight back. Is it worth potentially putting him in goal and dropping Collin who is the more experienced keeper and potentially rocking the boat a lot. Has anyone actually seen this lad play who is on here?

This line is more of a worry to me. As soon as their keeper gets injured again he will be pulled straight back.
Jeacock is third choice for Lincoln, he got game time because both the first and second choice were injured. They're both now fit so I imagine it would take both being injured for him to get recalled.

Jeacock is third choice for Lincoln, he got game time because both the first and second choice were injured. They're both now fit so I imagine it would take both being injured for him to get recalled.
Wouldn't they want him on the bench if one got injured/suspended?

Jeacock doesn’t strike me as a signing to sit on the bench for 3 months. If he hasn’t played by this time next month I’d imagine they’ll call him back.

Collin has been impacted more than any other player this season and people need to give him a break. Those who verbally abuse him on social media are quite simply c*nts.

He is a class keeper at this level and yes has had some poor games BUT he has lost David Martin, he has had a defence in front of him that changes a lot with very little leadership along with the team in front of him being sh*t on so many occasions themselves.

Collin has been impacted more than any other player this season and people need to give him a break. Those who verbally abuse him on social media are quite simply c*nts.

He is a class keeper at this level and yes has had some poor games BUT he has lost David Martin, he has had a defence in front of him that changes a lot with very little leadership along with the team in front of him being sh*t on so many occasions themselves.
Maybe this guy is a bit more vocal and can help organise our motley defence a bit better?

Bit of strange signing unless the plan is to rotate Collin with Jeacock. I rate Collin and think he's a very capable keeper at this level but in goalkeeper terms he's still young and would benefit from somebody else sharing the responsibility of the GK shirt.

If he goes back there are a couple of other third choice keepers kicking about that I can see us going for if an emergency.

Collin did have an issue with his wrist in a few games this season. Collin has played okay, obviously his kicking has not been the greatest at times. He has definitely been hurt by an unsettled defence in front of him and the loss of Cardwell and Kensdale at defensive set pieces. He is still young and learning.

Been in the pipeline for a while this one...

Zach Jeacock has joined Vanarama National League side Southend United on loan until January.

Jeacock joined the Imps from Birmingham City in the summer and has made four appearances, including two in Sky Bet League One, keeping a clean sheet against Wigan.

City’s director of football Jez George said: "The plan when we signed Zach was always for him to go out on loan to get games. Through no fault of his own, this has been delayed three times due to an injury to Jamie Pardington in pre-season, George Wickens coming off with a head injury at Peterborough and then Zach himself having to go through a concussion protocol. We are delighted that Southend have waited for Zach and that he can finally get going to fight for a place in their starting XI.

“We have protection in this agreement to cover every possible scenario in our goalkeeping department for the duration of the loan so this is a win/win. Zach is an extremely talented young goalkeeper, who we signed as ‘one for the future’, and we look forward to monitoring his progress over the next three months before reviewing the situation in January. Southend United are a massive club at their level, with a big fanbase and high expectations, so it is a brilliant opportunity for Zach."
This is a great signing, looked really promising at Bham but Bowyer destroyed his confidence, he will be great for us when his chance comes and it some serious competition for CAN. Great bit of business and hopefully extends to end of season

Personally I think the problem has been created with the arrival of the (new) goalkeeping coach. I guess we will see when Zach arrives and starts getting "coached" alongside Collin.

Collin shouldn't take it personally. He's a 21-year-old who has had a terrific start to his career - but last couple of months have seen the first real test for him. Of course middle-aged men hiding behind social media profiles abusing him is pathetic, but in 2024 it is unfortunately inevitable. Dealing with the hard times is part of his journey. We all know how good a goalkeeper he can be, and bringing in Jeacock, who looks like a promising young player, will hopefully bring the best out of both of them.

I think Collin will start tonight and will know he will need to be on his game as Jeacock is waiting. Healthy competition, no more than that.

Personally I think the problem has been created with the arrival of the (new) goalkeeping coach. I guess we will see when Zach arrives and starts getting "coached" alongside Collin.

Nice to see we are welcoming a new member of staff like that? Any particular reason why he is at fault?

Have you been along and seen his training methods and compared them to Dave Martins to draw that conclusion? Should we have not replaced DM and just left Collin to crack on with Hillson, until he left? Should we have left him to the three amigos, who have never played a competitive game of football in goal?

So, it’s nothing to do with a bid from an EFL club we rejected, an unsettled defence in front of him, the loss of Kensdale, the loss of Cards on set pieces (where we have conceded most of our goals from, at least recently), the loss of the older experienced voices in the dressing room like Martin & JD, nothing to do with the fact that the vast majority of the squad haven’t hit the standards they set last season on a regular basis?

Collin, undoubtedly, has/is going through a sticky patch. But, he has proved what a top goalkeeper he is already during his spell with us. Jeacock is someone who was identified and track during the summer, and someone we would have liked to bring in sooner. Kev wants proper competition for places, that in theory at least, brings out the best in players. It sets a higher standard in training. We saw that with Steve Arnold here, and then Dave Martin.

Personally, I see Collin in goal tonight, and hopefully we see last seasons Collin, and a return to some of the high standards he has set himself. At the same time, if the amigos decide that Jeacock is the best person to play, then we need to get behind him too.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back