• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper in Dagenham..ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY

Still - they looked pretty silly in jesters's hats when they lost!
laugh.gif

I watched the game in the Sussex in Brighton centre. About 85% of the pub were supporting w%&k Ham as their golden boy Bobby Zamora was playing for em.......

All of em going mental with 5 mins to go as Bobby had his first touch only for the hero that is Stevie G to score.

Bobby Z steps up and everyone in pubs starts singing some jank song about how every time he gets it he scores. Proceeds to miss.....Laugh out loud at his feeble attempt.

Went home and come out later and saw a pathetic couple of Plastic Cockneys looking for Liverpool fans at Brighton station. Sad times.
Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 14 2006,09:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ May 13 2006,22:47)]I know there is a history between our clubs ...
Is there? The only history I can think of is the fact that quite a few West Ham fans used to come and support Southend United when we played on Friday nights back in the 70s and 80s. I can see why there's a reason to hate them now ...

glare.gif
Mike, look at this thread and see how the Hammers fans typically behave in South East Essex, pretty unpleasant.
That's why we are not keen on them. I know you come from a good family of Hamsters and those in your part of the world are decent, but sadly that is not the case here.

For peoplein this part of the world who do not support them, yesterday was the right result.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ May 14 2006,16:29)]Still - they looked pretty silly in jesters's hats when they lost!
laugh.gif
As did some of our fans after defeats in two LDV Vans Trophy Finals! Swings and roundabouts ...

well im glad some people agree with me on thos on as i did start this can of worms in the 1st place.
Anyhow it was great to see Grays doing well in the trophy today and also great to see a formr blue KNIGHTLY getting a deserved mom award!
My reasons for not liking the spammers are that w&nk ham flag in our end at last seasons play off final, the shop, and just the fact that they all seem to think they are so great and nothing seems to dent that fact no matter how wrong they can be!
Up the Blues from deep deep in wet sham land!
oops.gif
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ May 14 2006,20:48)]Mike, look at this thread and see how the Hammers fans typically behave in South East Essex, pretty unpleasant. For people in this part of the world who do not support them, yesterday was the right result.
Fair enough ... but I still think some people are overreacting though ...
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (northbankblue @ May 14 2006,21:15)]My reasons for not liking the spammers are that w&nk ham flag in our end at last seasons play off final, the shop, and just the fact that they all seem to think they are so great and nothing seems to dent that fact no matter how wrong they can be!
I believe the shop is closed now as part of the re-structuring with the Hammers Superstore. But that shop was only there in Southend because of a demand in the town so you can't blame the club of tapping an obvious market, can you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ May 14 2006,20:12)]Speak for yourself, mate.
f%&k me, Mikes got a mate in Beefy .LOL

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 14 2006,20:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ May 14 2006,20:48)]Mike, look at this thread and see how the Hammers fans typically behave in South East Essex, pretty unpleasant. For people in this part of the world who do not support them, yesterday was the right result.
Fair enough ... but I still think some people are overreacting though ...
wink.gif
Agreed, amusing here in Bas Vegas, but did feel sorry for some friends who would have to face the dreaded journey back from Cardiff.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ May 14 2006,15:29)]Still - they looked pretty silly in jesters's hats when they lost!
laugh.gif
Not as stupid as I felt in full cowboy gear after the Grimsby game

sad.gif
ghostface.gif
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 14 2006,20:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (northbankblue @ May 14 2006,21:15)]My reasons for not liking the spammers are that w&nk ham flag in our end at last seasons play off final, the shop, and just the fact that they all seem to think they are so great and nothing seems to dent that fact no matter how wrong they can be!
I believe the shop is closed now as part of the re-structuring with the Hammers Superstore. But that shop was only there in Southend because of a demand in the town so you can't blame the club of tapping an obvious market, can you?
I agree its about time Southend United opened up a Superstore
in Basildon Eastgate Centre.... theres now big demand in the new town ..... tapping into an obvious market ?

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ May 14 2006,21:39)]I agree its about time Southend United opened up a Superstore
in Basildon Eastgate Centre.... theres now big demand in the  new town ..... tapping into an obvious market ?
A good idea IF the demand really is there?

The demand should be there though. Basildon is the sort of area we should be looking at tapping into, certainly if and when we get the new ground and the extra capacity that will bring with it.

Indeed, although demographics come into the equation once again. I hear that Basildon has a large following for Leyton Orient and West Ham United as well as Southend?

I think we all agree most fans come from outside the borough

and in recent years loads now live in the Basildon n its surrounding areas :-)

Basildon now has loads Southend Supporters

Happy Days

n

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 14 2006,20:54)]Indeed, although demographics come into the equation once again. I hear that Basildon has a large following for Leyton Orient and West Ham United as well as Southend?
Also Arsenal, Chelsea, spurs.... the list goes on not sure about the SadOs Mike ?... never met any yet ??

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ May 14 2006,21:59)]Also Arsenal, Chelsea, spurs.... the list goes on not sure about the SadOs Mike ?... never met any yet ??
OK. I had the impression that a lot of O's lived in the new town ...

Mike , with regards to the " demographics" argument , can you tell me if that would be necessary if SUFC were Prem and West Ham were Championship ? I dont think so . How many kids would be saying " me Dads familys' from the East End so thats why I support The 'ammers innit" ? For me that blows the " demographics " case out of the water ......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ May 14 2006,23:27)]Mike ,   with regards to the " demographics" argument , can you tell me if that would be necessary if SUFC  were Prem and West Ham were Championship ? I dont think so . How many kids would be saying " me Dads familys' from the East End so thats why I support The 'ammers innit"  ?     For me that blows the " demographics " case out of the water ......
The Football League Supporters Survey 2006 declares that 25% of the respondents cite "parental influence" as the reason they support their chosen team. That's a fair proportion ...

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back