• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper in Dagenham..ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY

northbankblue

Well its been horrible living around here in dagenham lately with all the over hyped expectation of the irons winning the FA cup...falgs everywhere over confident irons fans the usual stuff associated with the spammers.
Down the pubs they went and to be fair they put up a real fight in an excellent game but deep joy was soon to be round the corner!
I just had to go and have a drive around at the final wistle and see the dissapointment and heartbreak---What a sight!!!
So will they learn not to be so arrogant and overconfident in the future? I doubt it!
One team in Essex and thats the blues and im proud to be a shrimper deep in hammer land lol.

come on you blues!!!!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well its been horrible living around here in dagenham lately with all the over hyped expectation of the irons winning the FA cup...falgs everywhere over confident irons fans the usual stuff associated with the spammers.
Down the pubs they went and to be fair they put up a real fight in an excellent game but deep joy was soon to be round the corner!
I just had to go and have a drive around at the final wistle and see the dissapointment and heartbreak---What a sight!!!
So will they learn not to be so arrogant and overconfident in the future? I doubt it!
One team in Essex and thats the blues and im proud to be a shrimper deep in hammer land lol.

come on you blues!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I Luv it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 13 2006,19:21)]Yawn!
Bit late for a siesta isn't it Mike?

I had to endure a journey to work this morning through cockney scum territory and it was horrible, the combination of claret and blue with crossed hammers really does make me feel physically ill. I've a feeling Monday morning will be more enjoyable though
tounge.gif

I didn't really care about the result, just enjoyed the great game of football. After years of dull FA Cup finals, it was nice to see a genuinely exciting one for a change.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ May 13 2006,20:43)]I didn't really care about the result, just enjoyed the great game of football. After years of dull FA Cup finals, it was nice to see a genuinely exciting one for a change.
Seconded. I know there is a history between our clubs - but I felt a little sorry for the hammers. There are only two players in the country that could score an equaliser like the injury time effort - one wears 23 and has the league one golden boot - the other is Gerrard. What a goal - please repeat in the world cup. Tremendous afternoon of footie.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ May 13 2006,22:47)]I know there is a history between our clubs ...
Is there? The only history I can think of is the fact that quite a few West Ham fans used to come and support Southend United when we played on Friday nights back in the 70s and 80s. I can see why there's a reason to hate them now ...

glare.gif

Was in Hamlet Court Road last night and saw loads of pi**ed hammers and depressed.Had a liitle giggle to my self.Any chance of getting Zamora on loan next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue heaven @ May 14 2006,10:53)]Any chance of getting Zamora on loan next season.
But we told him he would never make it as a professional footballer when he was with us as a youth player!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 14 2006,10:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue heaven @ May 14 2006,10:53)]Any chance of getting Zamora on loan next season.
But we told him he would never make it as a professional footballer when he was with us as a youth player!

biggrin.gif
and he's not as good as Freddy!!!!!!

tounge.gif
tounge.gif

In around the 88th minute, Sky zoomed in on a section of the crowd, with West Ham Fans doing the "Larve it" chant and dance and reminded me of last week.

Only difference being, we realised our dreams of glory
laugh.gif

To Anton Ferdinand -

"Cry on the telly, we saw you cry on the telly"

tounge.gif

Apparently kicked off so bad in Varsity straight after the game that they had to close it for a while. Police were trying to deal with incidents and then more were just kicking off in there so only course of action was to kick everyone out.

The atmosphere in Southend last night was completely different and one can only assume it was a lot of unhappy spammer followers out. 'Followers' (because I cannot call them supporters) of the spammers are just scum. End of.

(On the pitch side of things they were unlucky. It's a shame that players like Ashton and Reo-Coker play for them as I think they could play a part of Englands future success and are both class acts.)

I watched it down the Sarah Moore and there was nearly a bit of handbags down there and apaprently at the Paul Pry where there was also a mixture of West Ham fans and armchair scousers.

I was in the Hogshead watching it and it was a very good atmosphere with plenty of people down there supporting both sides. They shut after the end of the game for an hour, presumably because of what was happening round the corner at Varsity.

I certainly dont HATE west ham , I dont actually hate anyone , especially not for supporting a different footy club !!! that would surely be a sign of pure ignorance , however what i actually wanted to add to this thread was that the shere numbers of Spammers that I saw in Southend , Leigh Benfleet and Rayleigh yesterday , loads of cars and houses decorated and the number of Claret n Blue shirts everywhere was overwhelming !! I spose it shows how many passsioante football people there are in the area ! If i had seen 25 % of Shrimpers out and and about last week after we won the League I would have been delighted but just the amazing numbers of Spammers about was sadly amazing:(
sad.gif

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back