• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shootings in toulouse and montauban......islamic connection?

So, in the end it is islamic based. Suspect in stand-off, French national af Algerian descent. This individual had already been arrested in Afghanistan I think in 2006 and was known to police. Ramifications of this will be enormous. I mentioned earlier the question WHY NOW? The answer could be that it is the political moment. Marine Le Pen of the National Front has been stagnating and slipping in the polls, this is one month before the Presidential Election. It is certainly hoped, in Islamic extremists eyes, that this will lift the immigration issue and increase racial tensions and debate. The ultimate desire is surely to push Le Pen forward into the second round as their party did in 2002. If there was ever a moment to act even more strongly against the message being put forward by Front National and playing into extremists hands..........it is now.

One thing is for sure, the guy isn't French otherwise he would have surrendered by now.

So, in the end it is islamic based. Suspect in stand-off, French national af Algerian descent. This individual had already been arrested in Afghanistan I think in 2006 and was known to police. Ramifications of this will be enormous. I mentioned earlier the question WHY NOW? The answer could be that it is the political moment. Marine Le Pen of the National Front has been stagnating and slipping in the polls, this is one month before the Presidential Election. It is certainly hoped, in Islamic extremists eyes, that this will lift the immigration issue and increase racial tensions and debate. The ultimate desire is surely to push Le Pen forward into the second round as their party did in 2002. If there was ever a moment to act even more strongly against the message being put forward by Front National and playing into extremists hands..........it is now.

It could just be a nutjob acting on his own. Will it be used for political reasons ? Probably...

Is the siege over? Merah states that he wants to die with a gun in his hand and two sounds heard during the night, which could have been gunshots? Pity in some ways if he's topped himself, I think that the authorities were quite keen to have a chat with him over tea and biscuits, to discuss one or two things. In reality the only way this bloke was going to come out of prison was feet first and he probably would face a life of isolation inside, so as to protect him from his inmates.

Interesting the thoughts were either organised Islamic or lone right Wing nut job, it appears to me that its a lone Islamic nut job

Little things like claiming to be a member of Al Queda, All the terror cells etc I have read about have been found to have links to, and after the fact as well, if you are planning an operation at terror cell level you aren't going to go round bragging you are an AQ Member

Anti-terror chief Francois Molins had said: "He's explained that he's not suicidal, he doesn't have the soul of a martyr and he prefers to kill but to stay alive himself." - Makes it sound less of a Religious mission as well , certainly for an Islamic fundamentalist where suicide is almost part of the act .

Confused Arab nutjob...

You sound almost disappointed Osy.

Not disappointed , his a vile individual either way , just very odd . Facial tatoos are taboo in Islam as far as im aware ? The targets sort of make sense to cover both bases , im just wondering of there's more to this ??? AS Firestorm just said he doesn't want to martyr himself .

Not disappointed , his a vile individual either way , just very odd . Facial tatoos are taboo in Islam as far as im aware ? The targets sort of make sense to cover both bases , im just wondering of there's more to this ??? AS Firestorm just said he doesn't want to martyr himself .

I think he's got a facial scar which some people have confused for a tattoo.

He got his final showdown. The abiding memory of this morning was the dramatic sound of a sustained exchange of gunfire, followed by a silence, only interupted by the sound of birds tweetering.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back