• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shootings in toulouse and montauban......islamic connection?

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
It started with a soldier being shot dead in Toulouse by a person on a scooter just over a week ago and this was followed by three soldiers being gunned down in Montauban last Thursday. All of the soldiers were magherébin (arab) and I started to think of an islamic link..........joining the French army would be seen as treachery in an extremists eyes. The horrible news today, of an attack on a Jewish school in Toulouse, with the same modus operandi, would tend to cofirm my suspicions. I hope that they catch the b*****d(s) soon.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17426313

I'd hate to apportion blame before the facts are out J. Could as well be a extremist Nazi thug doing this, or possibly just a lone nutter.

I'd hate to apportion blame before the facts are out J. Could as well be a extremist Nazi thug doing this, or possibly just a lone nutter.
I take your point about it possibly being an extremist Nazi, todays attack could lead in that direction. However, why pick out arab soldiers? ........for a Nazi fanatic any arab would surely be deemed a suitable target. In fact the first murder in Toulouse looks as though it had some research or inside knowledge as the soldier was dressed in civvies.

I take your point about it possibly being an extremist Nazi, todays attack could lead in that direction. However, why pick out arab soldiers? ........for a Nazi fanatic any arab would surely be deemed a suitable target. In fact the first murder in Toulouse looks as though it had some research or inside knowledge as the soldier was dressed in civvies.

Ah didn't realise that. Fair point.

In fact the first murder in Toulouse looks as though it had some research or inside knowledge as the soldier was dressed in civvies.
or it could have been a random Arab who happened to be a soldier, the press reported it as a soldier which gave aforementioned nutter an idea where there might be some more ...

So many question and as yet, so few answers. I could be very wrong but I don't see this as one nutter who does his hit and then toddles off home on his scooter. Seems more organised than that .........looks planned, perhaps the work of a cell. Then you pose the question why?.................I thought these terrorist attacks had gone out of favour and were seen as counter-productive. IF it is an islamic cell, why now and for what? There has been no vindication for the acts, or, at least none released. The only thing I could think of is something in revenge for the American soldier, who went on a bloody rampage in Afghanistan.

Perhaps to contradict my idea of a islamic link, I've just heard on Sky that there is history going back to 2008 in the regiment concerned, when an arab soldier reported neo-nazi activity by a group of soldiers at the barracks. MK, perhaps you are right to resist apportioning blame too soon.

I heard a report on the radio yesterday that in one of the shootings, the guy lifted his visor and a witness reported that he has a tattooed face. Why target children though? Poor little things, innocent of anything other than following a religious tradition.

Heard on the news this morning that part of the current presidential campaign was focused on 'what it means to be French'. Apparently there is some concern that this particular argument could have either stirred up, or be used as a justification for these attacks.

Radio 4 were talking about the Neo-NAzi link last night , plus the tattoos on face suggest far more likely White supremists group rather then religious fundamentalists .

I suspect this person isnt going to be arrested either .

I think tha we can agree on that. Not the kind of person who is going to put his hands up when confronted. When you read the details about the coldness of the killings, it does tend to point to a very sick and deranged person. I hope that they have enough info to identify him, if not there must be a danger that he will just go to ground, seeing that Toulouse and area is crawling with police and military.

Has anyone in the media drawn a link with the Norwegian atrocities yet if it sounds like it could be white supremacists? I seem to remember that there was speculation that the Norwegian nutter was part of a larger group.

I would have thought that would be an avenue to investigate once this individual has been taken out of circulation. From what I have recently read it would seem that the authorities are looking for one man. There has been speculation that it may be one of the disgraced soldiers, with nazi sympathies, who were thrown out of the same regiment as the military victims. There could be similarities with his tattoo and one identified by a witness.

Has anyone in the media drawn a link with the Norwegian atrocities yet if it sounds like it could be white supremacists? I seem to remember that there was speculation that the Norwegian nutter was part of a larger group.

Not that ive seen but the british media as far i could tell didnt report a lot on the first 4 shootings but headline news for the jewish kids and dad,even a qoute from some high up yank.

Speaking of right wing nutters, we got a national front flyer in our letterbox yesterday (we live in rayleigh).

Didn't even know they were still about. :stunned::nope::madman:

Drastic™;1377945 said:
Speaking of right wing nutters, we got a national front flyer in our letterbox yesterday (we live in rayleigh).

Didn't even know they were still about. :stunned::nope::madman:

Scum like that do better in a recession...

Not that ive seen but the british media as far i could tell didnt report a lot on the first 4 shootings but headline news for the jewish kids and dad,even a qoute from some high up yank.

The killing of four soldiers certainly caused a stir in France and was also reported by the BBC. When you add to that the cold blooded slaughter of three innocent children, under ten years of age, and the circumstances of their murder, no matter what religion they may have been, you can understand why the story then, quite rightly, attracted British and indeed world-wide media attention.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back