• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shirt numbers released for next season

Interesting to see Richie Foran get a number. Two little ducks 22 should be now changed to Two little swans 22 to remind him of dearly departed!

Find it hard to understand why O'Keefe has been given a number whilst the 4 development squad players, Forshaw,Henry,Lindie and Thurlbourne, have not.
Anyone know the answer?.:unsure:

James Lindie told me at the MTBD on Sunday that he had been allocated a squad number and was wering it. Either 35 or 39 I think it was.

someone with a husky voice called, claiming to be from Southend, and offered me the 69. I'm reporting them to the PFA. :stunned:

Wonder if plan is to send development players out on loan hence they wont need squad numbers....

13 is unlucky for some players, so that number might not get filled at all.

Quite a few clubs do not even have a number 13 shirt as it is percieved unlucky as you have pointed out Naps.

Grant signing number 7? The number shirt 7 not filled? Should I put 1 and 1 together and get 3? Its promising. Would be another fantastic young sign to an already good bunch of young lads we have these days.

As for the number 3 I am not sure who Tilly would of given it to anyway in the team and guess it is not filled as he hoping to fill it withing the next few weeks. I just hope you has something up them sleeves

Steady on - good though Fred was, it's not like he gave us a decade of unstinting service! Shirt "retiring" should only happen in the most exceptional circumstances - e.g. Michael Jordan @ the Chicago Bulls. I for one wouldn't want to retire it; instead, I'd want some young starlet to endeavour to fill it!

V. interesting re Grant signing himself as no. 7...

West Ham have announced that they'll be retiring their number six, Bobby Moore's old number. If you are going to do it, it has to be for someone of that standing - I believe Milan also did it with Baresi and Napoli with Maradona.

Incidentally, I'm not that keen on it for football anyway. In American sports they use numbers all the way from 00 to 99 - I much prefer it when football sticks closer to the old one to eleven system.

West Ham have announced that they'll be retiring their number six, Bobby Moore's old number. If you are going to do it, it has to be for someone of that standing - I believe Milan also did it with Baresi and Napoli with Maradona.

Incidentally, I'm not that keen on it for football anyway. In American sports they use numbers all the way from 00 to 99 - I much prefer it when football sticks closer to the old one to eleven system.

AC Milan will retire the number 3 shirt when Paolo Maldini retires, but they could let one of his sons have it.

On the subject of numbers, AC Milan have given Ronaldinho number 80

Last edited:
Back