• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shirt numbers released for next season

I mentioned it on the other thread, 19 listed players in the squad (20 if we sign Grant), 3 of those goalkeepers, leaves 16 outfield players, 2 of which the management have said they see a future away from Roots Hall, Macca out and Barnard living up to his nickname of Porcelain.

Might be open trials next week chaps for a place on the bench

Because do you see him as a first team starter ? I dont , therefore I find 11 strange .

If he had 11 last year then its very unlikely he was going to change. whether you have a starting number or not that dosent mean you're in the starting 11 every week.

Steady on - good though Fred was, it's not like he gave us a decade of unstinting service! Shirt "retiring" should only happen in the most exceptional circumstances - e.g. Michael Jordan @ the Chicago Bulls. I for one wouldn't want to retire it; instead, I'd want some young starlet to endeavour to fill it!

V. interesting re Grant signing himself as no. 7...

Freddy was exceptional, Michael Jordan wore 23 aswell, both legends. One on a global scale, the other in South East Essex. Only people on here who get legend status are those who come across as 100% committed or come across as nice blokes.

Grant told me it would all be wrapped up by Monday in terms of signing, it's Wednesday lunchtime at the time of posting this.

I dont know why Bailey has changed from 23. Anyone who has that number always does well for us.

Always is a bold statement there, Eastwood and Bailey is hardly always. However I would be excited if someone was given 23.

Shame to see Scannell not get 7, although hopefully we shall get a 3 and 7 before the start of the season, and that Grant is not 7, as then that will be at least 3 more players!

Find Revell at 11 kind of Strange.
Personally if Scannell wasn't having 7 then I'd have liked him to have 11 as sign that he's a 1st team shoe in.

Perhaps due to a lack of height in the team we can't have short 1st team wingers either, so Revell down one side & to fill the 7 shirt we're looking for a cross between Ian Ormondroyd (one for the older ones there), Kevin Francis & Peter Crouch.

Grant was wearing 21 on Sunday, he and Scannell were walking round together and their numbers were the reverse of each others - 12/21.

That happened to crouch once, his shirt said 12 and his shorts said 21 or the other way round. England game it was.

although not for Jamie Forshaw, as suggested elsewhere...

Despite it not being in the list on the OS for some reason - Forshaw has been given No36 if needed.

Nice to see Foran stripped of the No9 and that Barnard and Walker are 9 & 10. Moussa creeps up and up the list each year. No4 next season???????

What this does do though is spell it out even more just how stupidly thin the squad is. :stunned:

As for Bailey, Clarke, Foran and Harrold being given numbers, perhaps Scriv can confirm... if players are in the squad and under contract (as opposed to being out on loan), they have to be given a number don't they? And isn't there a minimum number of players that need to be registered by a certain date (and without those four we wouldn't have hit that number)?

Back