• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shirt numbers released for next season

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Here they are, courtesy of the OS:

1. Steve Mildenhall
2. Simon Francis
4. Nicky Bailey
5. Peter Clarke
6. Adam Barrett
8. Alan McCormack
9. Lee Barnard
10. James Walker
11. Alex Revell
12. Damian Scannell
14. Franck Moussa
15. Osei Sankofa
18. Johnny Herd
20. Matt Harrold
22. Richie Foran
24. Ian Joyce
25. Clark Masters
29. Paul Furlong
30. Stuart O'Keefe

Notably:

* There are no numbers 3 or 7. Tilly has surely, therefore, got to be reasonably optimistic of filling those berths in the side - he must have his eye on someone.

* Furlong opted for 29, his lucky number.

* Anthony Grant has yet to be assigned a number. He could go for no. 16 or perhaps no. 7?

* There are four very notable inclusions: Bailey, Clarke, Harrold and Foran. Maybe they do all have futures at the Hall, especially Nicky Bailey and Peter Clarke, despite ongoing contractual issues...

* Big congrats to Herd and O'Keefe on being offered first team squad numbers - that's a big fillip for both of them - although not for Jamie Forshaw, as suggested elsewhere...

So, folks, whaddya reckon?

Matt

Last edited:
why would clarkey and bailey not be given shirt numbers?!

although i agree with what you say about the number 3 and 7 shirts.

Seems this can only be good news. I know it doesn't exactly mean they are set in stone to stay at the club but it certainly looks promising. If the squad is still as empty as it is now, I think fans will be surprisingly welcoming to the likes of Matt Harrold and Foran!

*Walker and Barnard no. 9 and no. 10 suggests they will be first choice
* Macca gets Mahers old shirt no. (vice captain??)
* Herd gets no. 18 which is a reasonably low no. which suggests he has a role to play this year
* no number 13

why would clarkey and bailey not be given shirt numbers?!
Because they're currently transfer-listed and may be on their way out...? It's noteworthy that they've both got first team shirts for next season, that's all.

* no number 13

Interestingly, the club mentioned that the no. 13 shirt is vacant on the OS. Not sure what to read, if anything, into that - other than, perhaps, that Joyce and Masters will both be fighting equally for the reserve team space (unless Masters is back out on loan next season...?!).

Matt

I spoke to Joyce at mtbd he dosent like number 13, I think Tilly still feels confident of getting a winger and a left back to fill 3 and 7.

Thought Scannell would of taken 7 though.

Grant signed an autograph for my son with a number 7 under the signature.

See number 23 is vacant, the shirt should be 'retired' out of respect to Freddy.

See number 23 is vacant, the shirt should be 'retired' out of respect to Freddy.
Steady on - good though Fred was, it's not like he gave us a decade of unstinting service! Shirt "retiring" should only happen in the most exceptional circumstances - e.g. Michael Jordan @ the Chicago Bulls. I for one wouldn't want to retire it; instead, I'd want some young starlet to endeavour to fill it!

V. interesting re Grant signing himself as no. 7...

Back