• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shambles, and you expect us to be positive!

If you think we were building a team on hooper then you really are cluless, Gower was a free agent and went for the higher level of football, daryl has been poo for the last two seasons and for the record I love the bloke, peter clarke is not very good and bailey has not gone anywhere, I hope that mulgrew signs you dont know for sure he wont

Well, Gower may have signed with a much better offer and wasn't made to feel part of Titanic Utd, Flavs whatever you think of him would have signed if offered 2 years, Clarke is inconsistent but can you see any better looking ones turning up for training and Bailey may have been up for negotiations as well but Uncle Ron is too stubborn and probably skint!

Last edited:
Whilst I'm not agreeing with Miss Wind Up, what I'm slightly worried about is Brush's quote on the official site of only needing 3 or 4 players. If they think we only need 3 or 4, then that is indeed worrying, not the rest of the mumbo jumbo in the first post.
Spot on A_S. And I also would have to commit Ori-Gami if I ever agreed wholly with Wagg-Puss.

But we've struggled in the past because the squad has been too small. Not just my opinion but a fact admitted, in more than 1 season, by both the manager & chairman. With the number of outgoing players I can't see how 3 or 4 even brings us up to a vaguelly full or balanced 1st team squad.

We don't even know yet if players like Scannell will be up to league level, let's face it last season he was admitted to only be able to last 20 mins or so due to fitness. He looks a prospect to me but it's a big ask & a lot of pressure on the young lad with no back up now Gower & Black have gone. :unsure:

Spot on A_S. And I also would have to commit Ori-Gami if I ever agreed wholly with Wagg-Puss.

But we've struggled in the past because the squad has been too small. Not just my opinion but a fact admitted, in more than 1 season, by both the manager & chairman. With the number of outgoing players I can't see how 3 or 4 even brings us up to a vaguelly full or balanced 1st team squad.

We don't even know yet if players like Scannell will be up to league level, let's face it last season he was admitted to only be able to last 20 mins or so due to fitness. He looks a prospect to me but it's a big ask & a lot of pressure on the young lad with no back up now Gower & Black have gone. :unsure:

Yep, totally agree. His quote is mystifying.

In an ideal world I personally think we need 7 signings. At the very least 6.

Agree, we have paid our money early last season the least we expect is 2 real quality signings. Very galling to see Col U splash the cash when we have twice as many fans.
At the moment we have one wide player who has never started a league game, a left back who has never played any league football, 2 injury prone strikers (Rev and Barney) and a close to 40yr old. 3 injuries and we are screwed. We have let a whole first XI go, we need to replace that man for man so that is at least 7 signings- 3 mids, 1 striker, 1 keeper and 2 defenders. Anything less and we will struggle.

If Ron Martin had come out before the season tickets were on sale and said we are getting rid of the nucleus of the team which was in place to be built on i.e Flavs, Gower, Bailey, Clarke, Mulgrew and potentially even Hooper then a lot of people would not have bothered, me included for the first time in years. Then we would have been able to pick and choose games at a slightly more expensive average price but not be basically obligated to get value for money watching what well could turn out to be half a reserve team. Conned and i stick by that!

Well hand it back and go support someone else then! U must have a seriously depressing life

Conned in to my season ticket, no reserve keeper, running the rule over some trialists 4 weeks before the start of the season, both playmakers gone, a 40 year old forward and the other great, but made of porcelain, no left back yet, fairly reliable centre half not yet signed and player of the year under a cloud. Even the most rose tinted must be getting worried now!

I'm sure if you feel that strongly you can speak to someone at the club and they can re-imburse you for your ticket.

Agree, we have paid our money early last season the least we expect is 2 real quality signings. Very galling to see Col U splash the cash when we have twice as many fans.
At the moment we have one wide player who has never started a league game, a left back who has never played any league football, 2 injury prone strikers (Rev and Barney) and a close to 40yr old. 3 injuries and we are screwed. We have let a whole first XI go, we need to replace that man for man so that is at least 7 signings- 3 mids, 1 striker, 1 keeper and 2 defenders. Anything less and we will struggle.

That is utter bollocks.

We haven't lost a first XI, we've lost a 2nd XI.

We've lost Gower and Mulgrew from our first XI.

Flahavan was a first XI player last season but he has already been replaced and was just going to be a reserve this season. Mulgrew was a loan signing. If we could fill the spot with a loan signing last season, if worse comes to the worse we can fill it with a loan signing next season as well.

It'll be all about last minute transfers and loans after that.It always is at this level! You'd think by now people would understand,especially with a new stadium to pay for.Be patient people's,it'll be worth the wait i hope.

It has been worth the wait in the past and now most of the dead wood has gone...

That is utter bollocks.

We haven't lost a first XI, we've lost a 2nd XI.

We've lost Gower and Mulgrew from our first XI.

Flahavan was a first XI player last season but he has already been replaced and was just going to be a reserve this season. Mulgrew was a loan signing. If we could fill the spot with a loan signing last season, if worse comes to the worse we can fill it with a loan signing next season as well.

And for the 4th year running you are still as optimistic and clueless!

And for the 4th year running you are still as optimistic and clueless!

LOL.

Ignoring the fact that of our last four seasons, three of them have been successes (arguably four, if you consider our cup run), you might actually want to read what I said rather than just guessing what I said.

To be honest i'm leaving Tilly and Brush out of this one and blaming the car dealer Martin. His silly games with good players and his failure to pay a modest amount for Mulgrew is very worrying, something not right me thinks!

It's called not having much money, however, unless we hear differently Clarkey and Bailey will be available to play (for us) this season.

Is the 'state' of the squad any different from any of the previous half a dozen seasons? Every pre-season there is always a 'lack' of players and plenty of trialists. That is what pre-season is about. Most teams rarely finish their transfer dealings before the season starts.

Conned in to my season ticket, no reserve keeper, running the rule over some trialists 4 weeks before the start of the season, both playmakers gone, a 40 year old forward and the other great, but made of porcelain, no left back yet, fairly reliable centre half not yet signed and player of the year under a cloud. Even the most rose tinted must be getting worried now!

Well unless they said to you that there is a money back guarantee should two first teamers (one of which was going to be a reserve this year) and a load of reserves leave during the close season, I dont see how you can say you were "conned" into buying a season ticket!!

actually lets look at a possible stating eleven
Mildenhall

Franncis Clarke new bod from charlton Barrett
Scannell macca Bailey Walker(not ideal I know)
Barnard furlong/revell not sure

not the worst team to run out for the blues,

...and certainly not the best either! Getting seriously worried about this season, and certainly not looking forward to it as much as I was a few weeks ago.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back