• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shambles, and you expect us to be positive!

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Conned in to my season ticket, no reserve keeper, running the rule over some trialists 4 weeks before the start of the season, both playmakers gone, a 40 year old forward and the other great, but made of porcelain, no left back yet, fairly reliable centre half not yet signed and player of the year under a cloud. Even the most rose tinted must be getting worried now!

Conned in to my season ticket, no reserve keeper, running the rule over some trialists 4 weeks before the start of the season, both playmakers gone, a 40 year old forward and the other great, but made of porcelain, no left back yet, fairly reliable centre half not yet signed and player of the year under a cloud. Even the most rose tinted must be getting worried now!

Conned? What, was you told that we were a premiership team and then you realised we werent or something? Get a grip, and stop boring people with useless nonsense on here. If you are genuine, I really suspect you need help.

yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn, sure a few players will roll in this week or next, you dont actually know what is being done behind the scenes, not rose tinted I can see we need players in but they have to be the right ones why moan, Im sure it work out ok in end.

actually lets look at a possible stating eleven
Mildenhall

Franncis Clarke new bod from charlton Barrett
Scannell macca Bailey Walker(not ideal I know)
Barnard furlong/revell not sure

not the worst team to run out for the blues,

Whilst I'm not agreeing with Miss Wind Up, what I'm slightly worried about is Brush's quote on the official site of only needing 3 or 4 players. If they think we only need 3 or 4, then that is indeed worrying, not the rest of the mumbo jumbo in the first post.

Ignoring the usual Wiggy rhetoric, got to agree with this last bit :unsure:

Same. I'm not normally at all critical of the management and will of course sit tight until we know more but I am worried about the fact that we seem to be looking to loanees at this stage of the window. Tilly and Brushy know what they're doing and it's not as though the loanees did too badly for us last season (Leon, Kanu etc.) and I'm sure we have irons in the fire regarding new permanent signings but I hope people aren't expecting miracles in the friendlies. This window has a way to go yet.

I'll get worried when I see the squad list for the first game, until then, I shall let the management team get on with things.

Who knows what will happen tomorrow...........

Wiggles , you are obviously feeling rather content and optimistic today as you haven't even called for our management team to go ...

yeah and the conned into my season ticket bit is brilliant, fishing should be done outdoors in water,

Conned? What, was you told that we were a premiership team and then you realised we werent or something? Get a grip, and stop boring people with useless nonsense on here. If you are genuine, I really suspect you need help.

If Ron Martin had come out before the season tickets were on sale and said we are getting rid of the nucleus of the team which was in place to be built on i.e Flavs, Gower, Bailey, Clarke, Mulgrew and potentially even Hooper then a lot of people would not have bothered, me included for the first time in years. Then we would have been able to pick and choose games at a slightly more expensive average price but not be basically obligated to get value for money watching what well could turn out to be half a reserve team. Conned and i stick by that!

If Ron Martin had come out before the season tickets were on sale and said we are getting rid of the nucleus of the team which was in place to be built on i.e Flavs, Gower, Bailey, Clarke, Mulgrew and potentially even Hooper then a lot of people would not have bothered, me included for the first time in years. Then we would have been able to pick and choose games at a slightly more expensive average price but not be basically obligated to get value for money watching what well could turn out to be half a reserve team. Conned and i stick by that!

You still haven't answered my question.

Are you going to back us to be relegated like you did in our title winning season?

Are you really that naive , Sqwiggly ? - Don't you remember the 'Freddy's not for sale promise ' the year before ?

WE didnt get rid of them you ****, they chose to leave after being made 'very good' offers. And theyve gone to clubs in a higher league. Bailey and Clarke stalled on offers, and the club arent prepared to be held to ransom. If you're a boss, and you offer someone a pay rise, and they turn round and say, no, i want double, youd be a bit cheesed off. I dont blame Bailey, I just blame his agent. Seriously, get a grip love, do you really think Tilson and Brush dont know what they are doing? The last 5 years must have been a fluke then.

You're lift just doesn't go to the top floor sometimes does it?

Wiggles , you are obviously feeling rather content and optimistic today as you haven't even called for our management team to go ...

To be honest i'm leaving Tilly and Brush out of this one and blaming the car dealer Martin. His silly games with good players and his failure to pay a modest amount for Mulgrew is very worrying, something not right me thinks!

If you think we were building a team on hooper then you really are cluless, Gower was a free agent and went for the higher level of football, daryl has been poo for the last two seasons and for the record I love the bloke, peter clarke is not very good and bailey has not gone anywhere, I hope that mulgrew signs you dont know for sure he wont

To be honest i'm leaving Tilly and Brush out of this one and blaming the car dealer Martin. His silly games with good players and his failure to pay a modest amount for Mulgrew is very worrying, something not right me thinks!

... havn't been crucified too much on this one, any chance of some green?

wiggy said:
If Ron Martin had come out before the season tickets were on sale and said we are getting rid of the nucleus of the team which was in place to be built on i.e Flavs, Gower, Bailey, Clarke, Mulgrew and potentially even Hooper then a lot of people would not have bothered, me included for the first time in years.
2 of those haven't actually gone anywhere yet, 1 wasn't our player anyway, and the other one managed to score 3 goals and was hardly the nucleus of the team. We've conceded something like 160 goals over the last 2 seasons, so it's fair to say we might have needed to change the goalkeeper, which just leaves us with Gower. We offered Gower a very good contract earlier in the year, he rejected it, so we went back with an improved offer which he verbally accepted. Between that time and the end of the season, he was "tapped up", and consequently went to a side in a higher division , not sure what else RM could have done really.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back