• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Season Tickets for next year - any news?

If I've put money into the club via season cards year after year (and I have), then discounts should be on my renewals before any newbies offers. Otherwise, what price loyalty?
Depends on how 'loyal' is determined though.

I started to watch the mighty blues in 1971, had a season ticket for 34 years and donated an overpayment to the club. I didn't renew last season or the season before because I didn't want to put money onto the chairman's pocket. I attended but on a pay as you go basis.

Am I regarded as dis-loyal now?

Last edited:
Just a few miles further up the A12 you can watch Premier League football next season, probably not much dearer than Col U prices.
North Stand Lower at Ipswich next season , season ticket cost has risen to £381, but that is for existing ticket holders. They give supporters the chance to pay for a season ticket over 12 months and it automatically renews. Seems all season tickets last year were sold, they said remains to be seen whether any are available for new season ticket holders. Info from my neighbour.

Depends on how 'loyal' is determined though.

I started to watch the mighty blues in 1971, had a season ticket for 34 years and donated an overpayment to the club. I didn't renew last season or the season before because I didn't want to put money onto the chairman's pocket. I attended but on a pay as you go basis.

Am I regarded as dis-loyal now?
Not by me you're not. Everyone had to make a choice, and you made yours for very good reasons. But by the same token I put money in to try and help the Club and staff. There is no right or wrong in this.

Not by me you're not. Everyone had to make a choice, and you made yours for very good reasons. But by the same token I put money in to try and help the Club and staff. There is no right or wrong in this.
The season ticket money at the time helped to pay the staff . A staff member I know thanked me for buying my ST that’s how serious it was

Just a few miles further up the A12 you can watch Premier League football next season, probably not much dearer than Col U prices.
I’d reckon the only opportunity of watching Premier League football at Ipswich will be next season only and from the away seats.
In contrast,at Colchester, as usual ,only away seats will ever be at all crowded.

Don’t like to be a doom & gloomer but as the hours tick by keep worrying will we be buying a season for next season just wishing for some news to give us all some hope

I’d reckon the only opportunity of watching Premier League football at Ipswich will be next season only and from the away seats.
In contrast,at Colchester, as usual ,only away seats will ever be at all crowded.
We’ve seen a steady increase in gates since the Cowleys were appointed. Any kind of success next year and I think we will manage to push to a 6,000 average. We can then build from there.
None of us have a crystal ball though but signs of a turnaround are there at least

Issue is Ron is now arms length from the collapse of SUFC and full blame.

The consortium aren't a charity at the same time and can't be blamed for not being financially done over initially.

Lose lose situation it feels like.

As I mentioned a while ago - to me this is the most concerning signal coming from the club - someone has decided not to take fans money, presumably as they see (and have done for a while) a significant risk that we don't start the season.

Don't think that's happened to us before.

As I mentioned a while ago - to me this is the most concerning signal coming from the club - someone has decided not to take fans money, presumably as they see (and have done for a while) a significant risk that we don't start the season.

Don't think that's happened to us before.

On the contrary, I believe that the reason for seaso’s not being put on sale yet, is the fear that *someone* could still get his hands on the money.

Actually, let me rephrase that…

I know the reason is the one I’ve given above. It’s been confirmed ✅

On the contrary, I believe that the reason for seaso’s not being put on sale yet, is the fear that *someone* could still get his hands on the money.

Actually, let me rephrase that…

I know the reason is the one I’ve given above. It’s been confirmed ✅
Then why hasn't Ron put them on sale?

Back