• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seafront/High Street tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a look at prison locations and Essex; considering the size of our county and population only has the one in Chelmsford. Most other counties have 2 / 3 prisons.

What needs to happen first is to shut down the source of these machetes / zombie knives. Far to easy to order online and get it delivered from UK sites. Introduce tougher sentences for carrying a knife. Currently its 4 years or an unlimited fine or both. With the lack of prison spaces most know they will most likley get a fine get a fine for first offence. I'd imagine these gangs would make someone else carry the weapon so they get a fine for their first offence rather than it being a second or third offence which may result in prison time. Even in prison, very rarley will it be the maximum 4 years. With good behaiour etc and early release could well be out with only carrying out 50% ish of their sentance due to lack of prison space

We never proactively look forward in this country with planning. We plan for today, and by the time it gets built its good for a couple of years before an improvement is required as its up to 80% capacity

Precisely this. For years the old bill have been practicing how to corral and herd groups of people, prevent them from doing what they intend to do & generally spoiling their day/fun… so these scenes from last night should have been relatively easy to plan and deal with, especially when the intelligence was right there in front of them, which of course you don’t get with groups of football fans.

Not sure what the answer is, but at a minimum lessons need to be learned from this. I don’t say that with much hope though, as they didn’t learn from the exact same brawl that erupted on the seafront circa this time last year.
I’m only glad they didn’t get off at Grays or Tilbury, they would of **** their pants and legged it back home.

Very true, very few said after the Manchester Airport fracas "behave and it wouldn't happen" etc, not politicos nor "society" leaders in Rochdale.
Khan has almost stopped Met Pol performing basic stop/search.
Transport Police have retreated to only doing armed security at central London terrorist target stations.
Essex Police have long been powder puff and lost the streets for pen pushing, number fixing, twitter feed nonsense over street work.
IMO the only language these types of violent criminals understand is force.

So many cases where they’re very brave until they find out and police stick a boot in, then it’s tears in the media and victim status.

Funnily enough I haven’t been kicked in the head, because I have never punched a police officer!

Our country is being bullied daily by thugs who think they can do what they want. Southend last night is only the beginning thanks to our police force being turned into cannon fodder from the lack of support.

IMO the only language these types of violent criminals understand is force.

So many cases where they’re very brave until they find out and police stick a boot in, then it’s tears in the media and victim status.

Funnily enough I haven’t been kicked in the head, because I have never punched a police officer!

Our country is being bullied daily by thugs who think they can do what they want. Southend last night is only the beginning thanks to our police force being turned into cannon fodder from the lack of support.
I'm not condoning the kick to the head (slightly over the top)....but, when the media eventually showed you the full situation, it makes you look at it in a different light. The media certainly hyped it up on one side

I've just had enough of this country. It's totally broken !!

Our normal police should have rubber bullet guns locked away in the boot of the police cars, ready for this type of thing. Especially to deal with anyone carrying knives or machetes. They can't carry on like this, just standing and watching them hack at each other, in amongst the public.
The video I've seen it's the security guards from the arcades in the hi Vis watching (rightly so) not the police

I'm not condoning the kick to the head (slightly over the top)....but, when the media eventually showed you the full situation, it makes you look at it in a different light. The media certainly hyped it up on one side

I've just had enough of this country. It's totally broken !!
I get what you're saying, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Both were wrong.

Copper should've waited until back at the station and he could have fell down the stairs

This is truly shocking
My cousin and her children were down there (kids were 7 yr old twins and her 10 yr old) they had gone for the day and onto Adventure island and hence were caught up in the situation. She messaged me last night and said she and the kids literally ran for their lives to get away and the kids have not stop crying.
Why were these people not neutralised beforehand? In seriousness if anyone presents a threat to life or anyone else they should be taken out - full stop.
Those poor people working there and visiting must have been awful.

The seafront’s summer takings must contribute a significant amount towards the local economy.

Would be a shame to see that affected, due to these type of incidents. Plenty of seaside towns have lost their “main” attraction over the years and have steadily declined as a result. Clacton, Margate, Jaywick, Scarborough. Skegness.

Policing!
In Southend there used to be an Inspector Paddy Flynn, (also a long term ST holder). Paddy was 6'4 and ex guardsman, ex SAS, Paddy stood at the platform and greeted these types coming into Southend.
Today there don't seem to be any Paddy types in the Police, all degrees in film studies and the like; and lead by Inspectors in an air conditioned office in Chelmsford.

The seafront’s summer takings must contribute a significant amount towards the local economy.

Would be a shame to see that affected, due to these type of incidents. Plenty of seaside towns have lost their “main” attraction over the years and have steadily declined as a result. Clacton, Margate, Jaywick, Scarborough. Skegness.

That’s one way of looking at it. Another is they pay **** wages and send staff home when it rains. Being stuck in traffic on a hot day doesn’t seem much benefit for local residents either

A lot of people seem to be attributing more to the police 'going soft' or whatever than the actual cause of the decline in policing - austerity. The country isn't going to the dogs because too many people have film studies degrees, it's because people have been convinced (by Thatcher and almost every politician since) to care for themselves above anything else and to let public services be stripped to the bone, not to mentioning letting all our centres of community - particularly for young people - disappear, letting jobs and opportunities dwindle and housing become absurdly unaffordable, and ostracising young people at every opportunity.

There simply aren't the bobbies on the beat to do the things you want them to do, and at the same time the societal factors that push young people into crime are getting worse. Both are because of, not in spite of, the last decade of or so of public policy which the people of Southend merrily voted for.

A lot of people seem to be attributing more to the police 'going soft' or whatever than the actual cause of the decline in policing - austerity. The country isn't going to the dogs because too many people have film studies degrees, it's because people have been convinced (by Thatcher and almost every politician since) to care for themselves above anything else and to let public services be stripped to the bone, not to mentioning letting all our centres of community - particularly for young people - disappear, letting jobs and opportunities dwindle and housing become absurdly unaffordable, and ostracising young people at every opportunity.

There simply aren't the bobbies on the beat to do the things you want them to do, and at the same time the societal factors that push young people into crime are getting worse. Both are because of, not in spite of, the last decade of or so of public policy which the people of Southend merrily voted for.

Nail on the head...

Very true, very few said after the Manchester Airport fracas "behave and it wouldn't happen" etc, not politicos nor "society" leaders in Rochdale.
Khan has almost stopped Met Pol performing basic stop/search.
Transport Police have retreated to only doing armed security at central London terrorist target stations.
Essex Police have long been powder puff and lost the streets for pen pushing, number fixing, twitter feed nonsense over street work.
Violent crime is ok the increase in London. Khan appears to give zero effs. I’m sure he was delighted this happened outside of London.

The trouble with this country is NOT the Police. Don’t get me wrong there are bad apple, abuse of power merchants among them but for the large part they are hamstrung by a society that now feels ‘entitled’ and has ‘rights’.

The same society where the majority now have to kowtow to the minorities in everything. I’m all for people feeling the need not to identify as male or female but how hard can it be to create a third gender for them. This operates successfully in other parts of the world.

Agree with every word. Thank you for such a succinct and accurate analysis of why the UK has descended into such shambolic chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back