• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
The council would have to put shows on in there stadium Because if they relyed on the fan base they would go bust Unlike our 5500 at our home games and a good away following A leauge two club cant get many more than 3500 or maybe 4000 is **** poor
Yes our attendances are shocking but the club makes money in lots of non matchday ways, not least producing young players, Stoke have just paid a million plus add ons for one of our youngsters.

Yes that is correct, we do pay rent for it and the council are strapped for cash but not interested in selling it to the club.
And do i rember corectly that antill i while ago your chairma stopped funding the club Untill a couple of years ago all i kept hearing was your fans calling for him to go .So why is it wrong for our council to help clear our debts with a loan .

Yes that is correct, we do pay rent for it and the council are strapped for cash but not interested in selling it to the club.
As owners of the stadium I presume the council also receive the monies from any concerts etc

Guaranteed income as long as the club exists (with clauses for increases based on promotions etc) vs a one off payment. I know which one I would prefer. And as a council they would also prefer to know they have £xx amount coming in every year

What part of no more Adornments do you understand Pay up by the 4th or no more club Surly even Roland rat understand that Or is he really that thick that he didn't understand what the judge told him

Because the other 13 or however many times we’ve been to court with HMRC, they’ve said the exact same thing.

They want their money and will not get it through insolvency as there is no asset the club has. Therefore keeping the club running on the promise of ‘council money’ would be a better option in the judge’s eyes than insolvency.

And do i rember corectly that antill i while ago your chairma stopped funding the club Untill a couple of years ago all i kept hearing was your fans calling for him to go .So why is it wrong for our council to help clear our debts with a loan .
It is not wrong for your council to help your club I would be fully behind it, but there will be lots of Southend rate payers who would be furious if their cash was used in this way when other services are being cut. Our chairman didn’t stop funding the club, but he cut down on funding because his company was struggling a little due to covid. Now his business is doing much better so funding has improved, although long term he wants to make the club self sufficient. Because we have had some poor seasons the fans were getting frustrated with Robbie, but now he has brought in staff from outside the club and we are showing signs of having a good season once the new players settle.

As owners of the stadium I presume the council also receive the monies from any concerts etc

Guaranteed income as long as the club exists (with clauses for increases based on promotions etc) vs a one off payment. I know which one I would prefer. And as a council they would also prefer to know they have £xx amount coming in every year
Yes the council already owned the land it is built on, they took out a loan for just over £10 million and another £4million was provided via grants from various sources. The club (Robbie) paid for the fitting out of the interior of the stadium, which cost a further £2million I believe. But that was in 2006 with the stadium finished in 2008, I shudder to think what it would cost now. As regards concerts, most of the profits go to the promoters of the events, although they do agree a fee for the hire of the stadium, this money goes to the club I believe.

Because the other 13 or however many times we’ve been to court with HMRC, they’ve said the exact same thing.

They want their money and will not get it through insolvency as there is no asset the club has. Therefore keeping the club running on the promise of ‘council money’ would be a better option in the judge’s eyes than insolvency.
Except the Judge made clear this is it. No more

View attachment 28714

Is this important or meaningful?
I don't know how meaningfulit is but it would appear that the company has now filed the accounts that were overdue. Ron being the sole director.

Clearer report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back