• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing happening today, is there? I thought the NL deadline had been extended.

In front of Judge Prentis, The Rolls Building, Room 9.
I don’t understand what this court stuff is about. I get the validation order last week but who is trying to wind us up or throw is out, is it the National League who are pushing this or someone else? I thought HMRC deft was adjourned.

If someone can clarify if they can, be much appreciated.

Yeah, what’s the deal with this? Have I missed something? Quite possible that I have, this thread is near impossible to keep up to date with.

The judge wants to see the National League letter saying it has changed the June deadline. Our barrister is also going to provide confidential information on the sale process and detail on how money from a sale would be handled. Hopefully all this is in hand or we are ****ed as the judge seems to believe that we are insolvent.

Never know, this maybe the first step to confirm new ownership, pay the debt and have the Embargo removed.

Here's hoping.

Yeah, what’s the deal with this? Have I missed something? Quite possible that I have, this thread is near impossible to keep up to date with.
Court hearing to unfreeze bank accounts last week, as National league were pushing for all creditors to be paid to keep league status.

Prior to this the National League must have agreed an extended deadline for us to get up to date, but court date still stood. I believe the judge on Wednesday, despite the promise of a letter from the National League, insisted that we at a minimum must have wages paid and accounts published by end of play Wednesday.

Court date today should just be to present the letter to the judge as evidence of later deadline to pay all creditors.

Last edited:
Court hearing to unfreeze bank accounts last week, as National league were pushing for all creditors to be paid to keep league status.

Prior to this the National League must have agreed an extended deadline for us to get up to date, but court date still stood. I believe the judge on Friday, despite the promise of a letter from the National League, insisted that we at a minimum must have wages paid and accounts published by end of play Friday.

Court date today should just be to present the letter to the judge as evidence of later deadline to pay all creditors.
Thanks a lot.

This is all a bit stressful isn’t it?

Will be interesting to see how long we are granted by the judge to clear "football creditors" arrears. Suspect it will be in-line with the WUP (12th July)?

Can't imagine the NL will be willing to wait much longer than that to see if we have the ability to start and finish the season. They are I believe under increasing pressure from clubs & individuals to throw the book at us. Although I believe we have officially until July 22nd to prove our case to the NL.

As long as the takeover is complete and arrears settled prior to the next hearing, there is no cause for alarm. With Ron exiting, I have complete faith in the new guys to deliver and then some.

So its the National leauge who are doing this If this goes ahead then i guess the take over wont happen Just hope i am wrong on this .The club needs the take over to go ahead to survive .

The legal stuff goes well over my head but I can't help but think if we get as far as actually starting in the next season, we'll be starting with a points deduction. Is that likely?

Lawyers in big firms are expected to work weekends and even pull all-nighters for no extra pay. However, I doubt very much this deal is big enough to warrant that. I would be surprised if they've done anything over the weekend.

Anyone know what law firms are acting for seller and purchaser?

PMs open if you don’t want it made public.

There's nothing happening today, is there? I thought the NL deadline had been extended.
I believe it was expected to be extended and the hearing sounded like being just checking it had been done (presumably on the basis that if he hadn’t we’d go bust?) but the reporting on it seems very vague.

Thanks a lot.

This is all a bit stressful isn’t it?
No, this is procedural. If we get taken over by mid-July we’ll be fine (assuming new owners good for the money) and people seem to think we’ll be taken over this week.

Personally I don’t expect it to be that soon but I do expect it to be before mid-July.

No, this is procedural. If we get taken over by mid-July we’ll be fine (assuming new owners good for the money) and people seem to think we’ll be taken over this week.

Personally I don’t expect it to be that soon but I do expect it to be before mid-July.
I get that. But it’s still stressful to a point because we don’t KNOW things with complete certainty.

And I get why that’s the case, but it’s still a worry until we get the outcome confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back