• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Resuming protests?

That's a pure guess, then. You have no idea what the finances are like for this law firm. That's their business. They are owed money - end of. Didn't the consortium say they weren't going to pay any more of Ron's debts, anyway !!!
Ive been working in the legal industry for 20 years, I can assure Stewarts are not going to go under over our unpaid debts, all they are doing is adding to their already bad reputation

That's a pure guess, then. You have no idea what the finances are like for this law firm. That's their business. They are owed money - end of. Didn't the consortium say they weren't going to pay any more of Ron's debts, anyway !!!

They said no more paying of Rons debts until in control of the club which should be done by the end of the month

Anyone can view the finances of the firm, they are a limited company and have accounts filed on companies house.

Trust me, they aren't short of cash although didn't do as well in 2023 as 2022 but still a sizeable wedge for anyone

1712236386989.png

The council and Ron have got till till 20 th the end of the season or it be right **** show if it goes into may fucing up next seasons preparation
That's a real worry, what happens with the National League? Will they be looking to deduct points again etc etc etc. We were all hoping for a clean slate for next season, it'll be extremely hard to take if we don't get that.

That's a real worry, what happens with the National League? Will they be looking to deduct points again etc etc etc. We were all hoping for a clean slate for next season, it'll be extremely hard to take if we don't get that.
It isnt a football debt, so we should be ok.

Hopefully but even if it isn't, if the sale hasn't gone through still we can't really expect the consortium to be giving Kev and co a big lovely budget etc when the clubs still no theirs.
Nope. A couple of well placed people on here such as in the know have already suggested this latest hold up and substantial bill that has cropped up, has already had an effect on what the consortium can do at the new training ground. You would imagine it would cast doubt on the playing budget etc as well.

All we can hope for is an adjourment of say 4-6 weeks, in which time hopefully, the club is officially sold and all creditors are repaid. Paving the way for a proper pre-season...wouldn't that be nice...

Whilst I won't publicly mention amounts, I believe kevs budget for next year has been cut in the region of 20%.
Not the end of the world but not what you want.
Ah, it’s a good news season… technically Ol’ establishment didn’t pay anyone so if we are looking positively he has 80% more than this season?

Scraping the barrel is my forte…

My view is that the council need to be given the time for the formal committee report to go to cabinet later this month. Then they have to set a formal date. It is what it is with the council. All the pressure applied by Anna Firth, the consortium, and the fans have not made them speed things up, so we have to abide by their pace, unfortunately. They say everything is on track. So it looks like it will be done within the first 3 weeks of May, is my guess. Then we will see Ron and Jack's true colours and intentions. If they then scupper the deal in any way, or hold it up further, then all hell should be let loose down Benfleet Road.
A May completion would be great but with the local elections taking place at the beginning of the month it’s not going to happen. Local election time is like Christmas.. everything grinds to a halt for 2 weeks … 🥲

Nope. A couple of well placed people on here such as in the know have already suggested this latest hold up and substantial bill that has cropped up, has already had an effect on what the consortium can do at the new training ground. You would imagine it would cast doubt on the playing budget etc as well.

All we can hope for is an adjourment of say 4-6 weeks, in which time hopefully, the club is officially sold and all creditors are repaid. Paving the way for a proper pre-season...wouldn't that be nice...
The bill hasn’t cropped up as such has it- it’s always been there and needed to be paid eventually, it’s not a surprise- the issue is the delay, and until the takeover is complete they are understandably minimising discretionary investment? Of course if they rolled over and paid the bill now that would also impact probably what they are prepared to spend elsewhere but I think they will stick to their guns?

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back