• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Resuming protests?

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
It’s now over a year since the club has been put up for sale (17th March 2023).

Justin Rees first started talks with Ron back in July in 2023.

An agreement was struck over three months ago yet Ron still hasn’t delivered his side of the bargain.

We’re set to miss the playoffs because of a points deduction imposed as Ron failed us (not for the first time) so how about another protest outside Ron’s house the day of the playoff final to remind him that his hand isn’t as strong as he thinks it is and that we haven’t gone away?

An agreement was struck over three months ago yet Ron still hasn’t delivered his side of the bargain.

We’re set to miss the playoffs because of a points deduction imposed as Ron failed us (not for the first time) so how about another protest outside Ron’s house the day of the playoff final to remind him that his hand isn’t as strong as he thinks it is and that we haven’t gone away?
I'll be there if we go forward with it. I think Chief Rat needs a reminder.

Additionally, I personally feel we need to start asking more questions of the Council too.

Willingly
4th May if we arent at Wembley

The council elections on the 2nd May could put another spanner in the works. I have a bad feeling about all of this.

It seems to me that those who might have knowledge of what the situation is, from the consortium to Anna Firth, clearly pointed to the council and their DD as the delay? So on this occasion whilst protesting again Ron might make us feel good it might be letting the people actually holding things up off the hook. And with elections coming up 2nd May there is a golden opportunity to make an impact there?

So the council are, dragging their feet/ have other plans/ taking the time necessary, and that warrants protests outside Rons house? I take it there must be vital evidence, unknown to most of us, that Ron is delaying things?

The sale of SUFC was always going to be a complicated affair, so what is the problem? Is it the feeling Ron, unsubstantiated or otherwise, is holding out, or, is it some fans are impatient and think things should be dealt with in a timeframe that suits them?

Is it a trust thing? You don't trust Ron? You trust the council?? You have unwavering trust in the consortium? It's a bit like a Shakespearean play and we can only watch the twists and turns in the hope that it's not a tragedy.

So the council are, dragging their feet/ have other plans/ taking the time necessary, and that warrants protests outside Rons house? I take it there must be vital evidence, unknown to most of us, that Ron is delaying things?

The sale of SUFC was always going to be a complicated affair, so what is the problem? Is it the feeling Ron, unsubstantiated or otherwise, is holding out, or, is it some fans are impatient and think things should be dealt with in a timeframe that suits them?

Is it a trust thing? You don't trust Ron? You trust the council?? You have unwavering trust in the consortium? It's a bit like a Shakespearean play and we can only watch the twists and turns in the hope that it's not a tragedy.
Who says it's the council dragging their feet (Anna implied that a little - but it also takes parties other than the council to assist with the DD)

Think we need an official statement from RM, council and consortium

I wouldn’t be in favour of putting all our eggs in one basket.

There are two parties apparently involved with the holdup: the council and Ron. We don’t necessarily know which party is to blame for delays (although I could have a good guess).

Pressure Is being applied to councillors - several Zoners have written to them and I would urge all Zoners in the Borough to bring it up when canvassed and to write to candidates setting out how important this is to the Borough and to you as a voter.

But what if it wasn’t the Council responsible for delays but the man who has been trying to build at Fossetts Farm since 1997 and so far has erected just a hoarding?

Shouldn’t we cover our bases by applying further pressure to that party as well?

Whoever is holding things up or ****ing around needs to be reminded of who and what they are messing with. Let’s see what this week brings…

We need to be prepared to man the frontline again though if required. We cannot let this drag into pre-season. Too many people have worked so hard and been through so much in the last year, to let this crap continue 🤛🏻

I'm all for further protests at the rat, if it's proven he's holding things up. Either way, I think we're entitled to an update from someone

It would be very helpful if the fanbase actually knew what the issues are in the delay of finalising the sale.Just have a inkling that the issues are at RM door in his demands but clearly it's taking some time for the council to agree.

The council and Ron have got till till 20 th the end of the season or it be right **** show if it goes into may fucing up next seasons preparation

I’d continue to hunt the p-rat down long into the future to make his miserable little existence as awful as possible for as long he crawls around this mortal coil, soooo I’m probably the wrong person to ask. Sorry.

The council are NOT to blame for the delays to sale of the club.

The Martins are the ones solely responsible for all of these issues.

Back