• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

R.I.P. Trevor Bashford

So sad. My condolences to Irene and Zoe. Cannot think of them all without thinking of the wonderful Martin Cranmer. Why do bad things happen to such good people.
I knew Trevor as he was chairman vice chairman and probably secretary (getting old- memory not so good) when the Trust was being formed and he was the quiet and sometimes not so quiet voice of reason. With his banking knowledge he was well aware of the need for proper organisation and legal structures and he was central along with Derek Murr in putting the Trust on firm legal foundations and the reason in my opinion why the trust is such an influential voice today.

Yep and I used to make a beeline for them on my trips back. Lee if you’re in the west Saturday give his old seat a tap from me. True fan who bravely bore my match adulation of Super Kev with barely a grimace. Deserving of more than just a fleeting mention over the tannoy.

I can remember Trevor from over 30 years ago. On the away coaches till up to his last few trips a a year or so ago.
Lovely character, always thought and did the best for Southend United and his beloved Mates/ Supporter's.
Not going to be many as loyal and get stuck in to the tasks to help the Club/Trust. Blues On Tour in the future like Trevor.
Will raise a Glass for Trevor after the game Saturday.

Cheers Mate
Slaphead

Sad news to lose another Shrimpers fan, of whom many on here had fond memories. I did not know Trevor but condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Trevor. Not someone I knew personally, but a face I saw at SUFC games home and away. A loyal fan has left us, but his support will never leave. Rest in peace shrimper

Terribly sad to hear the terrible news over this past weekend of the passing of long time Southend United fan and all round nice bloke Trevor Bashford.

Known Trevor since I was a young lad travelling alone on the coach to watch Southend away games in the mid 90s - always made me feel welcome and was a big part of why I was on the Shrimpers Trust committee for some 10 years or so, inspiring me to get involved.

RIP Trevor. You won’t be forgotten.

Love to Zoe Cranmer and the rest of the family at this sad sad time x

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back