• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

R.I.P. Trevor Bashford

That's horrible news. Both my wife and I worked with Trevor in the 1970's when we lived in Southend. As a referee he threatened to book me for a well timed (ahem) tackle in the Southend and District League. He said " if you do that again No.2, I'll have to ask your name". I said "Trevor, you know my name, we work together". He let me off. Top bloke. Had many trips with the Away Club coaches with him. My condolences to his family...

Very sad news. Remember him doing the coaches in my younger years.

One time on the coach he told us he worked for a bank to which a chant 'Trevor is a banker' started up and you can imagine how banker got changed as the chant went on....Trevor turned and smiled taking it in good humour.

Condolences to his family.

I like many on here knew Trevor from football and always found him good company and a very passionate Southend Utd fan.RIP mate

Sad to hear this. Didn't really know him but used to see him a lot on the Trust coaches to away games. One of those regular faces you'd always see (and hear). Condolences to his family and friends.

Knew Trevor for many years through work, and will always be grateful for supporting me to represent the Bank at tennis in the early days, as my sports rep, as it earned me many days off having nothing but fun amongst the many days of tedium. I also kept in touch through the quiz nights I organised for both the Trust and Irene, in her personal fund raising efforts. Tragedy had touched the family some years back and I am so sorry to see that it has cursed Irene and Zoe again. I had no idea Trevor was ill and send my deepest condolences to his family and many friends.

This news broke while we were at the Match for Micky yesterday, such dreadfully sad news. Knew he had been ill for a while. Trevor was on the Shrimpers Trust Board when I joined it and I was pleased to work alongside him for many years, a sound man, with great humour. He will be greatly missed. Sending love and condolences to Irene and Zoe.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back