• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

R.I.P. Trevor Bashford

Cricko

Zone Owner ⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
Very sad news. A life long fan of the club known by many and who was until recently still there in the West stand with his family, sadly passed away today after a long illness. R I.P my friend.
Thoughts are with Irene and Zoe at this time.

Last edited:
I am really sorry to hear this and I knew he had been poorly - my condolences go out to his family
I shall remember him fondly.

Absolute hero of a man, has been my football dad for many many years travelling the country first of all on the blues on tour coaches where I first met Trevor and Zoe and for the last few years we have drove to away games. Trevor would do anything for anyone and has always been there for us. He was a proper shrimper to and up until recently fight tooth and nail to get to football even when his health dictated otherwise. Today is an extremely sad day and so much love goes to Irene and Zoe xxx

Very sad... I used to work with him at Nat West in the late 1970s and he was a very decent chap with SUFC in his veins. I hadn't seen him for a while but he wasn't much older than I am! R.I.P. Trevor.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back