• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Press Conference LIVE - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_essex/

Why are signings being discussed ? We haven't got a pot to **** in ffs.

No surprise Sturrock hasn't signed a contract, how can Martin justify having to pay off Tilson and give 2 new contracts to the new guys when we have several creditors breathing down our necks.

This is just another publicity stunt from RM in my opinion, he's the king of buying more time.

Bullshite rules in Ron's world

Ron talked about a new budget from July 1st, we have also offloaded two players earning 5k a week.

Who knows how and why things will be better now (if they even are) but if we start seeing players arrive thats all that matters.

The press conference was not about the finances, it was to announce the management team.

Whilst it would be nice to have a press conference about the other issues this wasnt the purpose of it and it would have completely overshadowed the managers appointment.

Spot on!! Ron being there would have just turned into another q&a about money, not what Sturrock and widds plan are

perhaps (as many have suggested) he just didn't trust Tilly with the cash?

He's played a brutal game to reduce the wage bill but I assume now he has some money and is giving Sturrock a blank canvas.

I doubt theres going to be anything other than wages spent, I dont see us paying any transfer fees.

Agreed how come so much money is available all of a sudden..It isn't it is a hopeful dream that when Sainsbury's are happy with Rm's latest wool pulling over their eyes scenario they will forward some more pennies.

I am hoping that Sainsburys signing the deal with prospects was a lot more significant that we realished--- however we don't actually know if it ah been done yet - or have I missed something,

Agreed how come so much money is available all of a sudden..It isn't it is a hopeful dream that when Sainsbury's are happy with Rm's latest wool pulling over their eyes scenario they will forward some more pennies.

Sainsburys must have splashed more cash, but thats a good thing, Ron aint really clever enough to outcon a national supermarket is he???

Some of you are missing the point big time here.

We owe hundreds of thousands to several different creditors so to suggest RM didn't trust Tilly with the cash is a joke, what cash ffs ?

perhaps (as many have suggested) he just didn't trust Tilly with the cash?

He's played a brutal game to reduce the wage bill but I assume now he has some money and is giving Sturrock a blank canvas.

But hadn't he been trusting it all too Bill Jennings anyway?

TBH I don't care where the money comes from...as long as we pay what we owe..get some players in and we do not find ourselves in this position again in a few months time.

TBH I don't care where the money comes from...as long as we pay what we owe..get some players in and we do not find ourselves in this position again in a few months time.

indeed. The next piece in the jigsaw must be about Sainsbury's and the funding. If not we're up the preverbail without a paddle. BTW this is win-win for PS. If the club cannot get on a financial even keel he will walk with head held high and reputuation intact. If the club managed to get on a financial even keel and is successful then his reputation is enhanced. If he fails, well who would have been successful with what he walked in to.

That's what I meant by money being available, as in wages, not transfer fees.

The tax and national insurance still has to be paid ON TIME, so let's assume RM agrees to sign 6-10 players on free transfers or players that don't currently have a club, how long before we are back in court ?

RM can't just magic this money out of his arse so unless there's a major financing deal being announced very soon this whole Sturrock thing is a non starter

I think RM will find it difficult to shaft an experienced manager like PS and would bet it's PS holding out on signing a contract not the other way round.

There's more chance of getting a shag off Cheryl Cole

shag_300_tcm9-142477.jpg

IH.03-07.RUG.jpg

imgres

Take your pick. ;)

Exactly, it has been sometime since Tilly was involved in the transfers.

Well let's hope Tilly gets a job quickly and can afford to tell RM to stuff his severance package which is bound to include a gagging clause.

Did Tilly release Hooper, Paynter etc. or we he under orders ? We've already seen Revell moved on against his wishes.

We need to hear Tillys side asap

If we are going to have a thread with pictures relating to Cheryl, can we at least have some decent ones to brighten up the day....

Cheryl%2520Cole.jpg

cheryl-cole4.jpg

1268074507.jpg

Well let's hope Tilly gets a job quickly and can afford to tell RM to stuff his severance package which is bound to include a gagging clause.

Did Tilly release Hooper, Paynter etc. or we he under orders ? We've already seen Revell moved on against his wishes.

We need to hear Tillys side asap

I'd love to but I don't think we ever will, unless it is via the golf course.
He loves this club to much, that even with what Ron has put him through, I doubt he will come out and slag off the club.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back