• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Press Conference LIVE - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_essex/

Anyone got a feeling that the Embargo is going to be lifted Today/Tomorrow and players will start coming in within the week?

Not really no. Nothing in the last 24 hours has convinced me the embargo will be lifted and Sturruck could well have the shortest reign as manager in the clubs history

Was PS asked whether he had been given assurances about the club's short,medium and long term viability?

RM shouldn't have walked out. There needs to be full disclosure on the financial side

I think that was a 9 out of 10 for Sturrock and Widdrington. Those who complain about bland post match comments from Tilly will be happy.
They have no illusions about the task. Nice delivery of the joke about being able to put out a team so long as " i can play on the the left and Tommy on ...(not sure where he'd play due to laughter).
We've got ourselves a very competent experienced manager and a good speaking assistant. Hope it's enough.

The pair speak a good game.

Let's see Ron pay the PFA and outstanding debts now.

Then perhaps we can see a decent squad starting to be assembled in time for K.O.

I would expect to see the likes of Dave McNamee and Yoann Folly become the first signings...

They seem positive although they sound as if they have been sucked in by RM's normal old bollocks and promises......Time will tell I guess and the next few days will be very interesting.

Why wont Ron Martin talk about the financial side? I am not confident in the slightest!

The press conference was not about the finances, it was to announce the management team.

Whilst it would be nice to have a press conference about the other issues this wasnt the purpose of it and it would have completely overshadowed the managers appointment.

They seem positive although they sound as if they have been sucked in by RM's normal old bollocks and promises......Time will tell I guess and the next few days will be very interesting.

Yep regarding the "dream" we all know how exciting it is, lets see how they feel if there are future wage payments missed and embargos.

The press conference was not about the finances, it was to announce the management team.

Whilst it would be nice to have a press conference about the other issues this wasnt the purpose of it and it would have completely overshadowed the managers appointment.

I understand this but it seems like they are hiding something, sorry he is hiding something and its not on. If he RM believes everything is ok then there should be no worrys in answering question on the financial situation, something smells funny around roots hall and I dont like it!

This is what I kept thinking.... Ron's infamous 'dream' was all fresh to them!

Can we sign players for free under the embargo??

We as in SUFC can sign whoever we like, agree terms etc. We just cannot register them with the F.A. meaning they cannot play. That's my understanding of it anyway.

So I would not be surprised to see quite a few signings announced in a short space of time, as soon as the embargo is removed.

Sounds like the money is there for Paul and Tommy, let's hope they entice some decent talent down here. Certainly sounds like they have a few players ready to join.

Last edited:
I hope Paul Sturrock doesn't get off to a shaky start.....

I can't see him having time to put out a double A side of This ole house and Green door but after the last few days nothing would surprise me.

Last edited:
Why are signings being discussed ? We haven't got a pot to **** in ffs.

No surprise Sturrock hasn't signed a contract, how can Martin justify having to pay off Tilson and give 2 new contracts to the new guys when we have several creditors breathing down our necks.

This is just another publicity stunt from RM in my opinion, he's the king of buying more time.

Bullshite rules in Ron's world

Why are signings being discussed ? We haven't got a pot to **** in ffs.

No surprise Sturrock hasn't signed a contract, how can Martin justify having to pay off Tilson and give 2 new contracts to the new guys when we have several creditors breathing down our necks.

This is just another publicity stunt from RM in my opinion, he's the king of buying more time.

Bullshite rules in Ron's world

Agreed how come so much money is available all of a sudden..It isn't it is a hopeful dream that when Sainsbury's are happy with Rm's latest wool pulling over their eyes scenario they will forward some more pennies.

I understand this but it seems like they are hiding something, sorry he is hiding something and its not on. If he RM believes everything is ok then there should be no worrys in answering question on the financial situation, something smells funny around roots hall and I dont like it!

I must admit when on his 'intgerview he said financving would be here by the 14th I would ahve liked to ahve heard '- ' and with it we will
pay the PFA
Pay the trust
pay the players
pay the vat man
pay charterhouse
allow us to sign new palyers and pay them
etc etc
Or to tell us that this is another part of the jigsaw, it will help, but we are still in the xxxx and will need another £XXXXX by whenever

Agreed how come so much money is available all of a sudden..It isn't it is a hopeful dream that when Sainsbury's are happy with Rm's latest wool pulling over their eyes scenario they will forward some more pennies.

perhaps (as many have suggested) he just didn't trust Tilly with the cash?

He's played a brutal game to reduce the wage bill but I assume now he has some money and is giving Sturrock a blank canvas.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back