• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Preparations for Upton Park

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 08 2004,14:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,14:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 08 2004,14:15)]S4E ... are you a closet West Ham know-it-all!?

Kev
Yes I am.  
tounge.gif

does that bother you General?
Just clarifying my almost cat-like instincts ... !!

Kev

wink.gif
Good. I know my stuff
wink.gif

but really southend are my team. I am just a knowledgeable bloke.
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ July 08 2004,14:06)]and unlike the FA Cup, has little history or presige (??)
Yeah, it's only been going for 43 years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,13:45)]Long way off yet...

I think we should get as many flags as possible and take them into this game and create a great atmosphere. It is another of those good days out even though it is just down the road.

We need to create atmosphere for the boys and I can see myself starting the drinks very early. Any pubs we are all going to drink in? How about the Spread until 3 or 4ish and then make our way down there? I think all the shrimpers should congregate and get the beers flowing and start the scene before the game.

Doing the conga down barking road maybe? The Boleyn pub is very much a west ham pub so I am not sure if anyone knows the area what they could suggest..

One team in Essex
Doing the conga down the Barking Road?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You sad sad man, i think i would give you a slap if i saw you doing that for the pure embarrasment it would cause the rest of us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,16:53)]oh but you know you would have to join in.. you couldn't resist  
biggrin.gif
Actually your right theres nothing more I like doing than the conga down the barking road, what I love to do is hold the bloke in front of me really tight then push my willy in his bottom, try it , its disgustingly fun!!

To add a bit of flavour to the night I think we should get Nick (South Upper Big Fat Shouty Bloke in the "Maher" shirt ) to lead the community singing like he did in the Coach and Horses at Orient the other year. He could start with his solo rendition of "We hate West Ham, we hate West Ham." Should go down really well.

I can't wait for this match. Fact is there are a lot of people who follow both clubs, myself included, and hopefully the atmosphere will be as memorable as it was eight years ago in the FA Cup. And West Ham are known for the occasional embarrassing cup slip up so fingers crossed there will be another one in August....

Southend4ever your first post starting this thread sounds a brilliant idea mate but i doubt we will get our own way their probs most people on a train i guess!! Out comes the LDV final flag for the night!! but for serious c2c u better lay extra trains on plus make sure u don fcuk up by giving ur workers a strike or something!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ July 08 2004,16:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ July 08 2004,14:06)]and unlike the FA Cup, has little history or presige (??)
Yeah, it's only been going for 43 years.
Doesn't time fly when your having fun.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ July 08 2004,19:12)]but for serious c2c u better lay extra trains on plus make sure u don fcuk up by giving ur workers a strike or something!!
I reckon you might find a few c2c staff feeling a bit unwell on this day, I for one will not be going to work  
tounge.gif

Might be well enough for a trip to East London in the early afternoon for some alcoholic medicine!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 08 2004,20:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ July 08 2004,19:12)]but for serious c2c u better lay extra trains on plus make sure u don fcuk up by giving ur workers a strike or something!!
I reckon you might find a few c2c staff feeling a bit unwell on this day, I for one will not be going to work  
tounge.gif

Might be well enough for a trip to East London in the early afternoon for some alcoholic medicine!
I can also say that my brother in law-C2C guard and sister C2C~driver will more than likely be sick that day. :-)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ July 08 2004,22:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smithy @ July 08 2004,20:56)]will there be any coaches going to upton park does anyone know?

smile.gif
Yes, Paul Brush has said he'll definately be there.
rock.gif
... ooohhhhhhh!!!  
biggrin.gif

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ July 08 2004,23:33)]It's got to be a train job up there surley?

A very loud train journey!

tounge.gif
welcome to the board mate.. yes i too agree with you.. could get nasty but oh well. if you don't go looking you tend not to get..

Great another game to take my flag to, i thought i had paid £140 for 1 match and then we get w@ank spam away.

HAPPY DAYS.

SOUTHEND UNITED 1906

Bruce Shrimpsteen

Born to Shrimp

Southend4ever why are you so adamant that there's going to be trouble at this game?

My dad was a West Ham seaso for many years and I went up there a few times if his mate couldn't make it (and if Southend were playing away!). West Hams just like any other club, if you want trouble and know where to look for it chances are you'll find it.

Most Southend fans will go to the match, have a top day and come home and that'll be the end of it so lay off the armageddon insinuations!

sad.gif

My Flag will be out in force- picking up some more mileage after going round Portugal!

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back