• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Preparations for Upton Park

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
Long way off yet...

I think we should get as many flags as possible and take them into this game and create a great atmosphere. It is another of those good days out even though it is just down the road.

We need to create atmosphere for the boys and I can see myself starting the drinks very early. Any pubs we are all going to drink in? How about the Spread until 3 or 4ish and then make our way down there? I think all the shrimpers should congregate and get the beers flowing and start the scene before the game.

Doing the conga down barking road maybe? The Boleyn pub is very much a west ham pub so I am not sure if anyone knows the area what they could suggest..

One team in Essex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,13:45)]Long way off yet...

I think we should get as many flags as possible and take them into this game and create a great atmosphere. It is another of those good days out even though it is just down the road.

We need to create atmosphere for the boys and I can see myself starting the drinks very early. Any pubs we are all going to drink in? How about the Spread until 3 or 4ish and then make our way down there? I think all the shrimpers should congregate and get the beers flowing and start the scene before the game.

Doing the conga down barking road maybe? The Boleyn pub is very much a west ham pub so I am not sure if anyone knows the area what they could suggest..

One team in Essex
Have you ever been there before??

Youll get smashed to f**k

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ July 08 2004,13:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,13:45)]Long way off yet...

One team in Essex
Have you ever been there before??

Youll get smashed to f**k
Yes enough times...

very rowdy bunch are the hammers. Should be a great day out a lot of them love a good laugh.

I won't wear my southend shirt though because it will as you put in a different way end in tears.

Will you be travelling?

Good draw, as it makes a refreshing change from some people on here creaming themselves at going to East Thurrock
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,13:52)]I won't wear my southend shirt though because it will as you put in a different way end in tears.

Will you be travelling?
I would think that doing the conga down Barking Road wearing casuals and singing "we saw you cry on the tele" is more likely to get you a slap than wearing a southend top and mingling with the locals in a pub.

Only a suggestion.

You could, of course, wearyou shirt. After doing the conga around there, I reckon you'll beat the club to releasing the red shirt!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banned @ July 08 2004,13:56)]Good draw, as it makes a refreshing change from some people on here creaming themselves at going to East Thurrock  
wink.gif
well for these people who are creaming themselves about east thurrock i would imagine multiple orgasms at this mouth watering tie..
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,13:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banned @ July 08 2004,13:56)]Good draw, as it makes a refreshing change from some people on here creaming themselves at going to East Thurrock  
wink.gif
well for these people who are creaming themselves about east thurrock i would imagine multiple orgasms at this mouth watering tie..  
tounge.gif
Ever seen Mr Creosote?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ July 08 2004,13:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,13:52)]I won't wear my southend shirt though because it will as you put in a different way end in tears.

Will you be travelling?
I would think that doing the conga down Barking Road wearing casuals and singing "we saw you cry on the tele" is more likely to get you a slap than wearing a southend top and mingling with the locals in a pub.

Only a suggestion.
that is true as it goes. maybe i won't sing the crying song then and just do the conga with my top off swinging it around my head. surely that will get them laughing and cheering
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 08 2004,13:57)]You could, of course, wearyou shirt. After doing the conga around there, I reckon you'll beat the club to releasing the red shirt!
I wanted to talk about some decent pubs and creating a carnival atmosphere now we are talking bloodshed.. happy days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ July 08 2004,13:59)]
[b said:
[b said:
wink.gif
tounge.gif
Ever seen Mr Creosote?  
tounge.gif
no?

tell me more...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,13:58)]i would imagine multiple orgasms at this mouth watering tie..  
tounge.gif
Not really. I don't give a flying f**k about the Carling Cup. It's about as useful as a chocolate tea-pot. It's a pointless cup that we aint gonna win, and unlike the FA Cup, has little history or presige (??)

Of course, that's not to say that I don't intend to try and get tickets, coz I do.

Im more excited about the first round of the LDV Vans trophy, and defending our title of Southern Area Champions.
smile.gif

You should be O.K in most pubs around the ground for this game as long as there isnt loads of you and you dont try to cause trouble but for safe keeping stay away from the boyleyn and the queens.... the central on barking road is generally good for away fans and just a short walk to your end... but if you are having a booze remember to leave the XR2's by the seaside
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ July 08 2004,14:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,13:58)]i would imagine multiple orgasms at this mouth watering tie..  
tounge.gif
Not really. I don't give a flying f**k about the Carling Cup. It's about as useful as a chocolate tea-pot. It's a pointless cup that we aint gonna win, and unlike the FA Cup, has little history or presige (??)

Of course, that's not to say that I don't intend to try and get tickets, coz I do.

Im more excited about the first round of the LDV Vans trophy, and defending our title of Southern Area Champions.  
smile.gif
but a chocolate tea pot would surely be worth it.. very tasty i say..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ July 08 2004,15:06)]
[b said:
tounge.gif
The money can come in quite handy though if we get some good draws... like this one for instance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,14:01)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
wink.gif
tounge.gif
Ever seen Mr Creosote?  
tounge.gif
no?

tell me more...
...well I think that's his name, he exploded in Monty pythons Meaning of life
images

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ July 08 2004,14:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,14:01)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
wink.gif
tounge.gif
Ever seen Mr Creosote?  
tounge.gif
no?

tell me more...
...well I think that's his name, he exploded in Monty pythons Meaning of life
images
thankyou for the research fella.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 08 2004,14:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 08 2004,14:15)]S4E ... are you a closet West Ham know-it-all!?

Kev
Yes I am.  
tounge.gif

does that bother you General?
Just clarifying my almost cat-like instincts ... !!

Kev

wink.gif

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back