• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Portsmouth Game

Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset

Director⭐⭐🦐
Cant recall seeing too much in the way of news re what if anything the 'celebration arrangements' are re our 100 year bash v Pompey.

Maybe a chorus of 'happy birthday' and that's it.

Anyone know?

eg. any old-stagers being wheeled out? Would be nice to see a nostalgic puffing red cheeked run down the wing from Willie Coulson.

Any idea re what the crowd will be?

I think the best course of action here is to call the clubs commercial department and ask those very questions.
wink.gif

now that i would love to see !! a front line v pompey of willie coulson, stuart brace and chris guthrie ! BRING IT ON !!!! all the kiddies out there going 'WHO '.................

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ July 24 2006,22:22)]Any idea re what the crowd will be?
Around 4,000 tops...

No surprise there really.

Is it actually the centenary game though ?

A lot of people have said it here but I dont remember seeing any official mention on it, and the last I read the celebrations were all season which could mean celebrations at the end of the season ?

Would be nice to see a nostalgic puffing red cheeked run down the wing from Willie Coulson.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
or even Jimmy McAlinden, who played for both clubs!
sad.gif
or Carl Pettefer

This is pretty bad though. If you go to fixtures on the OS, you can't even find out when the friendlies are. I had to check on here. The only real silver lining is that it might mean the club are planning something large for the end of the season to commemorate the end of the 100th season in the club's history but quite why you wouldn't make a song and dance after winning the most significant silverware in the club's history eludes me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ July 25 2006,00:27)]A lot of people have said it here but I dont remember seeing any official mention on it, and the last I read the celebrations were all season which could mean celebrations at the end of the season?
... marking the club's 101st birthday?!

suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ July 25 2006,01:24)]... quite why you wouldn't make a song and dance after winning the most significant silverware in the club's history eludes me.
Maybe they forgot about it? Maybe the 100th anniversary of the club's formation leapt out of the blue and caught them off-guard? I mean it's not like it's a date set in stone, is it?!Much like the SUFC calender situation last year ("we didn't have time to get one done, even though January 1st has been the same date for hundreds of years"), I think the club have cocked up on this one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 25 2006,07:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ July 25 2006,01:24)]... quite why you wouldn't make a song and dance after winning the most significant silverware in the club's history eludes me.
Maybe they forgot about it? Maybe the 100th anniversary of the club's formation leapt out of the blue and caught them off-guard? I mean it's not like it's a date set in stone, is it?!Much like the SUFC calender situation last year ("we didn't have time to get one done, even though January 1st has been the same date for hundreds of years"), I think the club have cocked up on this one.
Mike club have...... FACT dispite the trust best efforts!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 25 2006,07:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ July 25 2006,00:27)]A lot of people have said it here but I dont remember seeing any official mention on it, and the last I read the celebrations were all season which could mean celebrations at the end of the season?
... marking the club's 101st birthday?!

suspect.gif
But remember your first birthday (well noone remembers their first birthday but you get the idea). You're not actually one year old until the end of your first year alive (obvious but true).

In the same way the club isnt actually 100 years old until the end of the season, in the same way the Millennium wasn't actually until New Nears on 31st January 2000 or should have been.

(This could be a load of old rubbish as I'm not sure of the exact date of the clubs birth etc, but just a thought).

The club have not advertised the Portsmouth game as a Centenary game have they, It could have been promoted along the lines of a Family Fun day to try and get people interested? I wonder how many tickets have been sold, so much for the ground being full.

It's all gone quiet regarding all games, only 11 days until the start of the season and no online ticketing, no posters advertising games etc. Looks like the start of the season is going to catch the club out as well! What with it being high holiday season we could stuggle to get 10,000 v Stoke.

Never mind the latest news on Official Site is that you can get a bargain photo of last seasons celebrations for ONLY £25.

The retro centenary shirt will be launched on Thursday 3rd August not MTBD. IMHO it's a cracker!

I thought i read somewhere that this was the centenary game
rock.gif

As for tickets...got 2 for the East Stand no problem yesterday afternoon !

What's (slightly) ****ed me off is the fact that the club announced a provisional date for the centenary game and hinted at some top class opposition but then said nothing more. If they'd come out and said that "we've been unable to organise a game with our first choice opponents so the Pompey game will now be the centenary match, bla blah blah" then fine. It's their ignore-it-and-hope-nobody-mentions-it attitude that I find annoying.

Nice to see that some people can still organise a p*ss up in a brewery.

Andy Booth Testimonial - Huddersfield vs Real Sociedad

Though to be fair to the club Andy Booth is probably older than SUFC so they've had longer to plan it!  
smile.gif

But lets face it the entire centenary thing, at this moment, appears to be a complete wash out.  Not good.  
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TITSUP @ July 25 2006,11:43)]The retro centenary shirt will be launched on Thursday 3rd August not MTBD. IMHO it's a cracker!
Terry. Is that a Trust jobbie or a Club one?
rock.gif

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back