• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paris terrorist attacks

Every terrorist attack in this country,France and USA the suspects were known to the authorities.MI5 even tried to recruit the murderers of Lee Rigby,London bombers were all known,Charlie Ebdo they were all known,Apparantly the 9/11 mob were all known..anyone on the watch list are probably on that list for a reason.

Probably is the word here. In a democracy, people have a right to a trial by their peers.

I don't know the answer to the situation, but locking people up because they might be a bad person is not right either.

Last edited:
If only that was the case. The Kalashnikov AK 47's are already here, the ammunition has also been successfully smuggled into our country, as have the people trained to use the weapons.

You lot should save your squabbles and pathetic attempts to jump on the grief band wagon until London has had its attack. We have no where near the capability of the French in Paris when it comes to an armed response. The death toll will be higher in London. Sad thing is we have been sleep walking into this situation for the past 25 years and every one of us will have in some way blood on our hands.

Rubbish, if it is here, why don't you go and collect the weapons and ammunition? You seem to know so much about it.

Probably is the word here. In a democracy, people have a right to a trial by their peers.

I don't know the answer to the situation, but locking people up because they might a bad person is not right either.

Around 3% of this country are Muslim with 99.99999999% of those law abiding citizens,3000 are on the watch list with many of those intent on causing death and mayhem on our streets.Yes I agree locking up people who may not pose any threat is bad,but the alternative to allow them to roam freely amongst us is far worse.

Here whenever any traveller site appears the local council act to move them,yet in Calais a mini town with over 6000 is allowed to grow and grow.

If only that was the case. The Kalashnikov AK 47's are already here, the ammunition has also been successfully smuggled into our country, as have the people trained to use the weapons.

You lot should save your squabbles and pathetic attempts to jump on the grief band wagon until London has had its attack. We have no where near the capability of the French in Paris when it comes to an armed response. The death toll will be higher in London. Sad thing is we have been sleep walking into this situation for the past 25 years and every one of us will have in some way blood on our hands.

The Balkans are awash with cheap weapons as is the Ukraine so, if not here then maybe just a car drive away.
Not much training needed for an AK however as the very recent Belguim/France train thwarted attack shows the weapons do need some maintenance.
I am sure there are already plans in place for more high viz armed officers around major centres AND more discreet measures.
Rather than "blood on our hands" rhetoric we need stoic, watch and inclusive action by every person to NOT let the b'stards have their aims be successful.

Around 3% of this country are Muslim with 99.99999999% of those law abiding citizens,3000 are on the watch list with many of those intent on causing death and mayhem on our streets.Yes I agree locking up people who may not pose any threat is bad,but the alternative to allow them to roam freely amongst us is far worse.

Okay, you are right let's lock up all muslims just in case. Where will put them? Should we just stop at muslims? I hear those black kids sometimes carry guns and knives, should we lock up all the blacks as well, just in case?

And what about the Irish, there are some bad apples in there too?

I am sure there are already plans in place for more high viz armed officers around major centres AND more discreet measures.
Rather than "blood on our hands" rhetoric we need stoic, watch and inclusive action by every person to NOT let the b'stards have their aims be successful.
Let's hope that that particular area of policing is not one which has suffered cut backs then, eh? At a time of such a threat to our everyday way of life, I think making sure the police force is a visible presence and potential deterrent should be a high priority.

Okay, you are right let's lock up all muslims just in case. Where will put them? Should we just stop at muslims? I hear those black kids sometimes carry guns and knives, should we lock up all the blacks as well, just in case?

Your reply is way off.

You state lock up all Muslims,where have I stated that?
Where have I mentioned any creed?as in black white green yellow?

If you feel that any person on the watch list should go unchecked to commit mass murder,then IMO you are wrong.

Your reply is way off.

If you feel that any person on the watch list should go unchecked to commit mass murder,they IMO you are wrong.

Your reply is way off.

If you feel that any person on the watch list should go unchecked to commit mass murder,they IMO you are wrong.

You stated 3000* muslims were on the watch list and that they should be locked up whether they had done anything wrong or not. Surely, it is right we lock up all muslims, just to make sure?

*where did you get this figure from by the way?

Many dead in multiple attacks across Paris. ****ing hell :-(

I thought I might just repeat the opening post to this thread which I read as an immediate reaction to things horrific in Paris. Sadly this thread has gone the way of far too many of late and all the personal hates and dislikes from all sides of the spectrum have leapt into print.

Maybe we should just take a moment to reflect at what has happened there, be grateful the loss of life wasn't even greater and send our sincere sympathies to those who have lost relatives and friends. Alternatively, we could bang everyone up who looks a bit shifty, abandon any type of common decency for people in trouble, and maybe shoot a few that we really don't like. Tough old choice.

You stated 3000* muslims were on the watch list and that they should be locked up whether they had done anything wrong or not. Surely, it is right we lock up all muslims, just to make sure?

*where did you get this figure from by the way?

The average person doesn't just appear on the watch list,intelligence by the authorities places those names onto the list.

Yet again you suggest all Muslims ,why would anyone want innocent people not on that list to be locked up?

Let me ask the left leaning blinkered halfwits on here this. If ONE, just ONE Islamist jihadist were to get through our border controls and be let in to this country because of the migration situation and then goes on to murder and maim countless British innocents where would you stand on the migration issue then. Would that be acceptable because of the humanitarian good that's being done to the 99.9% of the others let in?

Don't **** about with a mealy mouthed political spin laden answer like some politician on Question Time. Just give it an honest up front answer.
I am not a halfwit - am I qualified to answer? Every country has airports and they transport millions of people between countries. If you want to commit an act if terrorism in another country you just get on a plane.

The policies on migration won't affect the above unless you close all airports and ports. Migrants are encouraged to fill skills shortages (or just bodies willing to carry out unfilled jobs) and at the moment migrating refugees are massively increased because of innocents fleeing IS terrorists.

You are justified being angry but coming up with impractical and irrelevant knee jerk reactions and then abusing in advance anyone willing to disagree is not helpful.

As ever any acts of terrorism and murder in Ny part of the world is disgusting and distressing.

I don't know the answer to the situation, but locking people up because they might be a bad person is not right either.

Pulling the duvet over your head and hoping it will go away won't be one of them.

I am not a halfwit - am I qualified to answer? Every country has airports and they transport millions of people between countries. If you want to commit an act if terrorism in another country you just get on a plane.

The policies on migration won't affect the above unless you close all airports and ports. Migrants are encouraged to fill skills shortages (or just bodies willing to carry out unfilled jobs) and at the moment migrating refugees are massively increased because of innocents fleeing IS terrorists.

You are justified being angry but coming up with impractical and irrelevant knee jerk reactions and then abusing in advance anyone willing to disagree is not helpful.

As ever any acts of terrorism and murder in Ny part of the world is disgusting and distressing.

The majority on the watch list are also on the no fly list.

Back